Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T3-x 2.0d4d 05 Reg Advice

*Matt*

New to the forum - So hello to everyone!

Just bought an 05 T3-x 2.0d4d (black in v.good condition) with 65k off fleet and have a few questions:

1) The clutch seems heavy although changes gear smoothly (I understand that this is a common occurrence) but does it mean it's on it's way out?

2) The steering feels heavy (my last car was a petrol A4 1998) although it steers perfectly it just seems heavier than I expected!!! Is that normal?

Would appreciate any advice

TIA

cluch is normal on the avensis

or the diesel engines to be heavy.

Its a heavy car, .... = heavier steering.

Check your tyre pressures and powerstering fuild levels.

Edit..

WELCOME.

1) The clutch seems heavy although changes gear smoothly (I understand that this is a common occurrence) but does it mean it's on it's way out?

2) The steering feels heavy (my last car was a petrol A4 1998) although it steers perfectly it just seems heavier than I expected!!! Is that normal?

Mine feels exactly the same, I just bought mine 3 months ago and it seems to be the norm on the diesels.

I hope for your sake your clutch doesn't make an annoying creak when pressed, mine is driving me crazy :huh: .

Mine feels exactly the same, I just bought mine 3 months ago and it seems to be the norm on the diesels.

I hope for your sake your clutch doesn't make an annoying creak when pressed, mine is driving me crazy :huh: .

Thanks for the replies guys.

Rossi46 - I get the odd creek!!!Lol

Drove a 55 plate and an 06 avensis diesel and their steering seemed lighter would these have the new power steering systems???

Cheers

heavy power steering is.. normally the tyre pressure not right.

creaking clutch pedal = needs lubrication at the top of the pedal joint.

I run mine with higher tyre pressures, about 37 psi instead of 32, steering is fine and strangely enough its more stable at speed i.e. passing lorries on motorways DON'T make it sway like a leaf in a breeze.

My clutch pedal has always been a tad heavy, but its still better than my wife's Focus!

Welcome aboard mate!

HI FOLKS, NOISE WHEN PRESSING CLUTCH IS CAUSED BY 2 AREAS ,BOTH COVERED BY WARANTY. 1; CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER WEAR....2; UNLUBRICATED CLUTCH RELEASE BEARING ARM PIVOT POINT,THIS ALSO MAKES THE CLUTCH ACTION HEAVIER....HOPE THIS HELPS!!

• 4 months later...
HI FOLKS, NOISE WHEN PRESSING CLUTCH IS CAUSED BY 2 AREAS ,BOTH COVERED BY WARANTY. 1; CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER WEAR....2; UNLUBRICATED CLUTCH RELEASE BEARING ARM PIVOT POINT,THIS ALSO MAKES THE CLUTCH ACTION HEAVIER....HOPE THIS HELPS!!

Concerning the Cutch. We took delivery of a 55 plated Avensis and the wife noticed the squeaky clutch pedal, as well as i being heavy. Toyota (Marsh Plymouth) picked it up and informed that they had to replace the clutch. Took them one week. Lesson - Don't ignore clutch pedal sounds.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links