Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Distribution Motor?

vickybanjo

Does anybody know where I can get an air distribution motor (think that is what it is called - it blows the air out of the heaters!!)

My is apparently too weak and it cannot direct the heat to the windscreen.

Thanks

I have a 2.4 HiLux Surf

Hi,

that might make two of us. I've had this problem since I got mine (2 years ago). I thought it was maybe the heater matrix but I flushed all the gunge out until it ran clear but still no luck. It's also had a new rad. It blows warm onto the side windows,into our faces,onto our feet but not into the back or onto the windscreen where its needed most,especialy in winter. Also its not what you'd call hot. It blows fairly well into the back but only cold. Never new about the blower motor though. I always wondered if the flaps weren't opening. Any help for us two would be appreciated.

RICSTER

firstly check that the mechanism is working properly, the cables that control the direction can buckle and cease to work the " flaps " . if you look behind where the radio is , looking from the drivers side you will see the control box and you can work the flaps manually to get air to screen ,untill you renew the cable. this happened to mine and new cable was £6 at the dealers.

chances are thats your problem . ;)

Hi,

that might make two of us. I've had this problem since I got mine (2 years ago). I thought it was maybe the heater matrix but I flushed all the gunge out until it ran clear but still no luck. It's also had a new rad. It blows warm onto the side windows,into our faces,onto our feet but not into the back or onto the windscreen where its needed most,especialy in winter. Also its not what you'd call hot. It blows fairly well into the back but only cold. Never new about the blower motor though. I always wondered if the flaps weren't opening. Any help for us two would be appreciated.

RICSTER

rear heater has its own matrix and blower.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links