Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roof Head Lining/interior Roof Lining

Rookie1

Hi all. I've recently purchased a 3dr Rav4 2004 D4D. The roof interior cloth lining is filthy and worn. Enquiry on the price of a new lining left me a bit dis-orientated as Toyoata want 700 pound plus... excluding Vat!!! To try and save myself nearly a grand I've been checking out breakers yards but most seem to disregard the interior lining, throw them away, or many vehicles that come into yards are chopped in half first. Whichever way I just cannot seem to locate an undamaged one. Anyone have any ideas of where there is a whole one or how to get hold of a new one for at least half Toyota's price... Help is much appreciated... I'm based in London but will travel almost anywhere in the UK

Seen a couple of 3 dr RAV 4.1's and a couple of 5 dr RAV 4.2's on eBay for breaking. I guess if you want a really cheap headlining you'll just have to keep an eye on eBay until a 3 dr RAV 4.2 for breaking turns up.

You could also ask our friendly parts expert Kingo (Parts-King), how much he would sell a new headlining for.

Either that or a can of pure brillant white from B&Q :lol::lol:

I have used Parts Gateway in the past, and there are a number of Jap breakers you can try....get the detail out of one of the magazines by browsing at yer local newsagent.

If you want, you could try re-lining it by just buying new cloth from one of the classic car restorers suppliers - more work but you could fit a tartan one! from what you say the board etc isn't sagging so this could be an option. I fitted Rolls Royce blue carpets to my 4.1 as the stock item was very costly and half the quality. Now I've got real piles (?).

Parts Gateway is on the internet - they try 5 suppliers or so and you get a quick answer back.

Sadly, most trim on Toyota is very expensive, and whilst I can discount your parts, it isnt going to be 50%!

I think the breakers route is the only real option for you.......Keep on trying

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links