Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mcclaren Sacked

Parts-King

Steve McClaren has been sacked

Who gets the job now?

I'm a little busy selling parts at the moment but if asked.......................

Kingo :thumbsup:

He was going to do the honourable thing and take all the blame.

He didn't resigned....instead was sacked and walks off with around £2.5 million! :censor:

Find me a job where I can perform rubbish and get 2.5 million for the privilege.

I would have Jose as the new manager, who cares if he isn't English.

Find me a job where I can perform rubbish and get 2.5 million for the privilege.

I would have Jose as the new manager, who cares if he isn't English.

The FA couldnt afford Jose, not now that they are out of the finals, the revenue lost for not getting there runs into tens of millions in TV rights, sponsorship etc etc

Martin O'Neil gets my vote, considering I'm a bit too busy at the mo

Loads of jobs mate ..... PM, MPs any Whitheall jobs etc

Back on topic I actually wanted Croatia and Russia to win last night and they did :D

This country is a joke

SVEN FOR ENGLAND MANAGER!!!! :P :lol:

I read earlier that some analysts are putting a figure of £2bn on the failure to qualify - that would include merchandise, travel companies, sponsors etc. Still it seems ridiculously high to me as after all it's just the european championship and not the world cup.

My first thought when I read that was about the RIAA crying about how piracy costs them billions a year and "piracy funds terrorism" and all that pathetic propaganda they keep trotting out.

Maybe we just aint good enough and no manager is going to help us become the world beaters we think we are??!! Maybe Croatia and Russia are just better than us and deserved to go through?! You wouldn't sack the Andorra manager for not qualifying, maybe we should not expect anything from our team? McClaren was deservedly sacked, we need someone who will bring the best out of what we have. ubikne Wenger for manager :thumbsup: He knows the game and the players inside out, with somebody like that on board we would have a chance to be the best that we can be. Alan Shearer would be a big gamble, but it could pay off nicely.

Oh and why does the forum change a.r.s.e.n.e. (without dots of course!) to ubikne???!!!! :huh:

Alan Shearer??? Where did that come from? He hasnt managed a cup of tea yet never mind the National side

Martin O'Neil has the drive and passion, but who in their right mind would want the poisoned chalice of the England job?

Must get to the bookies and have a dabble

I'd rather have a coach that knows something about football........ Just a thought

The next match is a friendly against France next year. I would like to see the new manager pick a squad entirely from the Championship, so they can show all the girls (apologies to all the girls here) in the premiership what hard work and commitment look like.

It is really hard to feel sorry for the man...hey ho!!!

Its a tough life eh ????

Especially when you achieve nothing whatsoever in 18 months and then get given a £2.5m pay-off for it. I wish my life was that tough.

What I want to know is when are footballers going to start earning £50k a year and then work on performance related pay instead?

The FA couldnt afford Jose, not now that they are out of the finals, the revenue lost for not getting there runs into tens of millions in TV rights, sponsorship etc etc

Martin O'Neil gets my vote, considering I'm a bit too busy at the mo

O'Neill would probably cost more than Mourinho, anybody who gets the job knows what sort of money has been paid to the last 2 England managers & is going to want a similar amount, both Mourinho & O'Neill would cost a fortune in wages but Mourinho is unemployed so is free to come, whereas O'Neill has a contract so would probably cost the FA a few million in compensation

Maybe we just aint good enough and no manager is going to help us become the world beaters we think we are??!! Maybe Croatia and Russia are just better than us and deserved to go through?! You wouldn't sack the Andorra manager for not qualifying, maybe we should not expect anything from our team? McClaren was deservedly sacked, we need someone who will bring the best out of what we have. ubikne Wenger for manager :thumbsup: He knows the game and the players inside out, with somebody like that on board we would have a chance to be the best that we can be. Alan Shearer would be a big gamble, but it could pay off nicely.

Oh and why does the forum change a.r.s.e.n.e. (without dots of course!) to ubikne???!!!! :huh:

I agree with the 1st bit, we definately aren't as good as we think we are. The players seem to think that by just turning up they're guaranteed to get a result, instead of actually going out there, playing to their ability & winning the games. The fact that we haven't qualified could give everybody in & around the international set-up a much needed wake up call & put them in the right frame of mind to go out there & get the results.

Shearer though? A man with absolutely no managerial experience whatsoever as the manager of England? Terrible idea. I know other countries just give ex players the international job with no experience, just look at Croatia, but you need somebody with absolutely loads of experience covering all situations for a job like the England 1

The next match is a friendly against France next year. I would like to see the new manager pick a squad entirely from the Championship, so they can show all the girls (apologies to all the girls here) in the premiership what hard work and commitment look like.

Another crap idea, I know the players need a good kick up the backside but sticking a team from the championship out against 1 of the best teams in the world would just lead to an absolute masacre which would achieve absolutely :censor: all. They just need a manager capable of motivating the team & get the players producing the goods. The idea of trying out new players is good because I think a lot of players are guaranteed a start when fit, regardless of how they play, which is not right. Every player should go into every game thinking "If I do badly here, I'm going to be dropped & I might never get my place back" but people seem to be content with turning up, not putting the effort in & expecting to just be gifted the games because of the class of players in the team. Too many players are underperforming & staying in the team, if that doesn't stop we can forget about South Africa too

The fuddy duddies at the FA will come up with some second rate cheap idea. You need a manager to motivate etc, but TBH, the whole system of overpaid under performing hangeronerers is just not good enough, they only get together for a few days per year training, their own team managers dont wont them on national duty because of injury fears. In my book to play for your country would be an honour and you should do it for free, their shouldnt be any pressure on the manager from the club managers, and he should be able to pick the team of his choice without fear of a backlash from the premiership managers.................rant over :D:

Back on topic I actually wanted Croatia and Russia to win last night and they did :D

As far as I was concerned, Croatia was a foregone conclusion. They were always going to win......that's why I had a bet on them !

Alan Shearer??? Where did that come from? He hasnt managed a cup of tea yet never mind the National side

So what if he hasn't managed before.........maybe that's a good thing.

we've had the big name manager.........didn't help.

We've had the FA groomed manager.............just got sacked........didn't help.

Shearer is a footballer, a strong character and has a winning mentality.

He's someone all the players would respect and work for, and he wouldn't be afraid to drop some of the 'undroppables' that have blighted the team over this campaign. We have some outstanding club players who just can't be relied on to do a job for England. The only 'world class' player on show last night for us was Beckham.

Croatia put an ex-player straight into running the national side, Germany did this, Holland did this.

There is too much emphasis on planning IMO with the England Job. If you watched Croatia they played EXACTLY the same way they always do. No second guessing the opposition and strategising, just get out there and do what you do best. If they come across a better side and lose then they are beaten fair and square. It's a wonderfully simple and refreshing approach. Play to your strengths, play the same formation and style every game, play as a team !.

So what if he hasn't managed before.........maybe that's a good thing.

we've had the big name manager.........didn't help.

We've had the FA groomed manager.............just got sacked........didn't help.

Shearer is a footballer, a strong character and has a winning mentality.

He's someone all the players would respect and work for, and he wouldn't be afraid to drop some of the 'undroppables' that have blighted the team over this campaign. We have some outstanding club players who just can't be relied on to do a job for England. The only 'world class' player on show last night for us was Beckham.

Croatia put an ex-player straight into running the national side, Germany did this, Holland did this.

There is too much emphasis on planning IMO with the England Job. If you watched Croatia they played EXACTLY the same way they always do. No second guessing the opposition and strategising, just get out there and do what you do best. If they come across a better side and lose then they are beaten fair and square. It's a wonderfully simple and refreshing approach. Play to your strengths, play the same formation and style every game, play as a team !.

Nah, I think it's an awful idea. The big named manager worked at 1st, the improvement we made when Sven took over was fantastic, remember the 5-1 walloping of Germany in Munich? 1 win on penalties could have completely changed the opinion of him, he's got a bad repuation because we didn't go as far as expected & he was foreign & everybody listened when the tabloids were tearing chunks out of him. Shearer has no experience of management at any level so he's not somebody who should be given such a high profile job. The England job is 1 of the most difficult in the world, a couple of bad results & the majority of the country start demanding you're sacked, look at Big Phil, he turned it down for that reason.

The person who gets the England job has to have managed at the top level with many years of experience of dealing with big name players & the day-to-day issues of management. I think The FA should go & see Jose Mourinho & beg him to take the job until he does

Nah, I think it's an awful idea. The big named manager worked at 1st, the improvement we made when Sven took over was fantastic, remember the 5-1 walloping of Germany in Munich?

Yes, I remember that one. I also remember that Germany were a team in freefall at the time and were possibly as bad that night as England were last night. It was a morale boosting victory over the old enemy, but we weren't really playing the real Germany - just a p***poor approximation of them. Look at how far they have come since that night - they'll go into next years Euros as favourites - and rightly so !

The person who gets the England job has to have managed at the top level with many years of experience of dealing with big name players & the day-to-day issues of management. I think The FA should go & see Jose Mourinho & beg him to take the job until he does

No Kev, England !

What day to day stuff are you referring to?? it's a part time job !

There is no buying and selling, no agents to fend off at all times. The day-to-day stuff we saw Sven doing was simply going to football matches..........how much experience do you need to do that?

Players know players. Shearer was a fantastic player and captain. He played at the highest level under the best managers around. Surely he's picked up more than a bit of knowledge. He knows the game and has the intelligence to direct from the sidelines in my opinion ( this is hard to type - !Removed! Geordie !!! !)

If Mourinho is available then YES, no contest, but if that's not an option are we going to go to third and fourth choices again like the farce that happened when Steve McLaren was appointed - or do we try something different............... something bold, something daring.....

Lets face facts, any quick fix will just be papering over the cracks that have existed with the England team for far too long. We're not good, but we could be.

Nah, I think it's an awful idea. The big named manager worked at 1st, the improvement we made when Sven took over was fantastic, remember the 5-1 walloping of Germany in Munich?

Yes, I remember that one. I also remember that Germany were a team in freefall at the time and were possibly as bad that night as England were last night. It was a morale boosting victory over the old enemy, but we weren't really playing the real Germany - just a p***poor approximation of them. Look at how far they have come since that night - they'll go into next years Euros as favourites - and rightly so !

Ok, so it wasn't the best Germany side in history, but when Sven took over we were doing crap & so to get a 5-1 win over anybody in that situation would have been a good result

What day to day stuff are you referring to?? it's a part time job !

There is no buying and selling, no agents to fend off at all times. The day-to-day stuff we saw Sven doing was simply going to football matches..........how much experience do you need to do that?

Yeah, fair point, but during the few weeks the squad is together the press coverage is like no other job in football & so somebody who's had success with a big club having similar (although only a fraction of the quantity) sort of situations to deal with will be better at handling them & keeping the players from feeling the pressure as much. They'd also have experience about how to set out against the opposition & then what changes (if any) to make when things were going wrong. Young managers make mistakes & then learn from them, people who've managed at the top for many years have made those mistakes throughout their career & learned from them & so make them a lot less often. At this level mistakes cost you dearly so to take on a young manager who's got plenty to make would be a bad decision in my eyes.

Players know players. Shearer was a fantastic player and captain. He played at the highest level under the best managers around. Surely he's picked up more than a bit of knowledge. He knows the game and has the intelligence to direct from the sidelines in my opinion ( this is hard to type - !Removed! Geordie !!! !)

Yeah, as a coach he'd probably do a decent job, but there's a lot more to management than knowing the game. You'll love this suggestion, but if we were going to go with the 'ex-player with no experience' approach we should get Gareth Southgate in, he's played at the top level too & has always been called a "manager in waiting", plus he's got the little bit of premiership managerial experience ahead of Shearer & is generally a nicer & more respected person. For the record though, I think Southgate would be a bad appointment now too, give him a decade or 2 doing the business before he should even be considered but I'd still pick him ahead of Shearer

This could run and run !...... :P

I'd give Gareth a few more years before you steal him away for England....................

Ha, the Boro as a feeder club for England Managers "!!!!!! :D :D

i watched the match in the Hotel. We were absolutely disgraceful and didn't deserve to be there in the summer IMHO we were a shambles, there was no one to collect the balls that crouch won, we were shocking, first half they plaid into the mud, absolutely shocking, am glad maclaren has gone! it should go to O'neill i reckon

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links