Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Managed To Replace The Headlights Bulbs For 1.4 Vvti-gs (x Reg)

fatboyr

As I went to Halfords and wanted for changing the front lights to super brilliant ones, the guy couldn't manage to replace for me and said the space were too small for both sides with the bar thing obstructing.

Has anyone managed to change the light bulbs themselves? If someone knows please tell me how to do it.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

As I went to Halfords and wanted for changing the front lights to super brilliant ones, the guy couldn't manage to replace for me and said the space were too small for both sides with the bar thing obstructing.

Has anyone managed to change the light bulbs themselves? If someone knows please tell me how to do it.

Thanks

ok, I've managed to take the bulb out, however i don't know what is the model for the bulb as it looks different with the one Halfords recommends on the directory... Any one can tell me what kind of bulb is that please... Mine is a 00 X reg, with the newer headlights set.

It can take up to 40 minutes. Very tricky, and probably helps if you've have superb dexterity with a thin screwdriver and an accomplice with torch, mirror, patience, etc.

The drivers side is the worst to do, nearside at least you can remove the Battery.

Good luck with it.

It can take up to 40 minutes. Very tricky, and probably helps if you've have superb dexterity with a thin screwdriver and an accomplice with torch, mirror, patience, etc.

The drivers side is the worst to do, nearside at least you can remove the battery.

Good luck with it.

Actually i could get the bulb out, but i am not sure what kind of bulb is that

Probably an H4 - does it not say on the bulb, or in your handbook?

no it's not a H4, and the handbook didn't mention that. :(

• 3 weeks later...

If you car is the facelift model (which I think the X's all were), then according to the handbook I've got, your high beam bulb is an HB3 and your low beam is an HB4 (since on the facelift they are separate lamps within the headlamp enclosure). On my handbook this info is on p253.

The handbook also has some simple instructions on how to do this lamp change, although having looked at it I'm not convinced that moving just the air intake pipe out of the way (in front of the Battery - passenger side lamp) and moving the header for the screenwash out of the way (drivers side) will give enough room to do this easily!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links