Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Surf Might Be Sick, Can Anyone Help?

wayne1ed

Hi newbie here, i just bought my very 1st 4x4 2 weeks ago and it was the 94 3.0TD surf auto. :D

Ive been driving it daily but noticed somthing the other day when i stopped at a set of lights. As i started to drive of it felt like my surf was still in 2nd gear (dead slow and stop) it was very slugish even when i gave it some revs. it just felt like as if i was driving a manual starting of in 2nd or 3rd gear. once i got going its fine. Another thing is when i get onto the motorway it would not go into top gear would just stay in 3rd reving at 2500/3000rpm. :( for the past 10 days my surf has been a dream to drive and i love it to bits, but im starting to get a bit worried

This has been happening more and more now, and today my O/D button has started to flash on and off.

please help!!!

many thanks

The overdrive light flashing means that you have a fault in the gearbox, go to the hiluxsurf.co.uk forum to find out how to check the fault codes.

Also have you checked the fluid levels in the gearbox, and if so what colour was the fluid, it should be bright red.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links