Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Wiper Blades

Nightstalker

HEEELLLLOOOO everybody Peeps!!!!! :D

Any of you fine chaps and chappets changed your windscreen wipers for these "New" Flippy Floppy ones???

I have heard mixed oppinions on these - not even :huh: sure if we can get them for our Fab Ravs...(4.0 - 4.3)

Let us know

Regards

Rob

B)

Any of you fine chaps and chappets changed your windscreen wipers for these "New" Flippy Floppy ones???

I have heard mixed oppinions on these - not even :huh: sure if we can get them for our Fab Ravs...(4.0 - 4.3)

Let us know

Regards

Rob

B)

Hi Rob with the Vermillion red fuel.

Wipers - technology is getting better all the time and there are several options out there. I have an account with LSUK and they send me info now and again. Wiper Blades are crucial at this time of year. I'd check around your local accessory shops to see whats on offer. No doot Parts-king will step in with his input (no sarcasm intended by the way) as he is in closer touch with the industry than many 5 door RAV owners - these things tend to sell on length do they not....or maybe there's special ones for oily engines to scrape off windscreen residue??? :lol: :lol: :) :) :)

No :unsure:

If you do, let's us know how you get on :thumbsup:

I've yet to come accross anything quite so well made as the originals on your car. If you can get replacement rubbers from Kingo they are dead easy to fit and a very cheap option. Somebody said that the rubbers are not available seperately but the changing of them is definitely in the manual. I get mine from the USA and they are in fact for the 4.2. The moulding is slightly different but they still fit.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...;hl=maintenance

Kingo!!!??

Let us know

I've tried changing my wipers to 'floppy ones', but I found them worse than the original fit!! I did have some photo's of them, but I deleted them by accident :rolleyes:

I brought them from wipersblades.co.uk but you have to order them as 2 separate blades, as the Rav has a funny sized wipers! :lol:

Rob, you would've seen them on my car a couple of weeks ago, when we passed each other...

EDIT: wiperblades.co.uk do have retro-fit flat wipers for 4.1 and 4.2 owners

Here I am!..............stepping in :D:

The Toyota wiper rubbers are bizzarely, more expensive than the blades! Don't ask me...............

Toyota do a fine range of Optifit Wiper Blades for most Toyota models, we have a selection on sale from our own website here

They are from the genuine range of parts called "Optifit" aimed at the 6 year and older vehicle park, some lines will fit newer models (Wipers) you can get a pair for £15.99 off our website, delivered to your door, they are good too! If your model is not listed, PM me, we probably have a blade for you

To my mind there is a lot of guff spoken about Wiper Blades, you need one that doesnt rattle from side to side when operated, it needs to be a softish rubber for best performance and it needs to fit the arm properly, you would be suprised at the amount of duff fittings I get rid of here when customers come in to swop their blades saying "The ones I bought from XYX have been rubbish, noisy, dont clear the screen etc" The Optifit blades meet all of the above, they even have a little gimmicky wear indicator on them to tell you when to change them, how goods that!

Kingo :thumbsup:

they even have a little gimmicky wear indicator on them to tell you when to change them, how goods that!

:lol: :lol: Yea it's called mini Kingo....How do you hang onto the wipers for so long :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea it's called mini Kingo....How do you hang onto the wipers for so long

Oi............If yer think I'm hangin onto any Wiper Blades in this weather! It's BALTIC up 'ere....... A right old George Raft is blowing up the River Dee :eek:

Here I am!..............stepping in :D:

The Toyota wiper rubbers are bizzarely, more expensive than the blades! Don't ask me...............

Toyota do a fine range of Optifit wiper blades for most Toyota models, we have a selection on sale from our own website here

They are from the genuine range of parts called "Optifit" aimed at the 6 year and older vehicle park, some lines will fit newer models (Wipers) you can get a pair for £15.99 off our website, delivered to your door, they are good too! If your model is not listed, PM me, we probably have a blade for you

Taken from your Website Kingo:

RAV4.3

RAV4.3 MK2 model, pair of Wiper Blades. Our Price £15.99 INC P&P

Please can you explain the MK2? :unsure:

Oi............If yer think I'm hangin onto any wiper blades in this weather! It's BALTIC up 'ere....... A right old George Raft is blowing up the River Dee :eek:

I bet it was mate! :blink: Always say the temperature drops three degrees when you cross the border :(

I had some of these new "floppy" type of Wiper Blades on my 4.2 NRG for a while but the passenger side would not clear properly and they juddered really badly when it was cold. Also the wipe "up" hardly cleared anything. :o To me it just showed that they werent designed for the Rav, so I decided to go back to the normal type. In the end I bought some Bosch Super blades from eBay and they are bl00dy brilliant - in my opinion!! ;)

Now having the 4.3 and it being fitted with these new type of wipers I have found that they work a treat. :D

I think that the long and short of it is to stick to what the manufacturer originally fitted or as close as you can possibly get to it.

Kingo

I sent a PM about getting a full set of front wipers cos mine are rusted - you know - the bits that bolt onto the spindles as well as the rubber. Doesn't look as if you got it so could you publish/send the price of them for ma beast - '94 3 DOOR RAV 4.1

If you like, I can accept them as a Christmas present...? :wacko:

Jist that I think they are the original and look totally naff. Don't really use the wipers as the beast is fast enough to dodge the rain drops. Otherwise the air flow over the windscreen blows it dry.

Bothy I'm sure you could get a Lindop Bros logo on the new wiper arms.

There you go Kingo, free sponsorship on a RAV4 phantom jet!

Bothy I'm sure you could get a Lindop Bros logo on the new wiper arms.

There you go Kingo, free sponsorship on a RAV4 phantom jet!

Aye - where can one buy a stop-watch which has micro-seconds to measure the beasts 0-60 time?? And the clock on the RAV disnae work, nor has it for years but then it doesn't have years on it....just hours and minutes. :lol:

Let us know

I replaced the wipers two months ago and replaced them by "flippy floppy ones".

They´re from Bosch, are called AeroTwin (use Type 607S for the RAV).

They fit for the 4.2 and the 4.3 (confirmed by 4.2 and 4.3 users) and are much much better than the original Wiper Blades.

I have them 2 months now and they´re the best Wiper Blades I ever had. :)

aerotwin.jpg

Kingo

I sent a PM about getting a full set of front wipers cos mine are rusted - you know - the bits that bolt onto the spindles as well as the rubber. Doesn't look as if you got it so could you publish/send the price of them for ma beast - '94 3 DOOR RAV 4.1

If you like, I can accept them as a Christmas present...? :wacko:

Jist that I think they are the original and look totally naff. Don't really use the wipers as the beast is fast enough to dodge the rain drops. Otherwise the air flow over the windscreen blows it dry.

Sorry Bothy, I didnt get yer PM and I didnt get any emails for replies to this thread, dunno what happened there then!

I will price arms and blades for you on my return to the mad house on Thursday

Fujisan: Sorry, don't know what you mean, there is no typo on our website :blush: well not now anyway :D: You must get out more, spotting my deliberate mistakes, ha!

Morning...........some of us have to work!

2 x Blades plus 2 x Arms is 82.57 delivered (even to Scotland)

The blades are sensibly priced, the arms are stupid money, even if I say so myself :eek:

Let me know if you want me to extract some of those Scottish pound notes ouuta you! :D:

Fujisan: Sorry, don't know what you mean, there is no typo on our website :blush: well not now anyway :D: You must get out more, spotting my deliberate mistakes, ha!

Just keep you on your toes :lol::lol::lol:

The blades are sensibly priced, the arms are stupid money, even if I say so myself :eek:

Let me know if you want me to extract some of those Scottish pound notes ouuta you! :D:

Just got back from burying the rest of my mother, 73 miles from where 2/3 of her is buried.

The journey was over to Fife, which had enjoyed heavy rain 3 hours previously. After a short ceremony, we used a back road/country road/a road wi only 2 lanes...one for 1 way and one for the opposite way. Managed to get the RAV washed thru using some serious puddles. Shame cows had been along an hour before!

Can ye order up the bits as the nearside arm is pretty much done. The drivers side is almost ok after the dungwash but best to do both...and not much point trying to buy 2nd hand anyway. New blades sponsored by Lindrop Bros is ok as well.

I'm in all tomorrow so will phone wi the wifes credit card. I'll be scraping the front lights!!! And probably washing the poor beast - the RAV - not the coo remnants stuck to it. Best fun I've had in ages as there was an open view of the wee road going up the hill. The ony thing we almost hit was a pheasant who will now have learnt that low flying tactics are no longer safe!!

Tried to pay an NCP car park ticket up here in East Kilbride (a well kent toon waur mony English fawk live) and it rejected the English £10 note we had. The wife had to give the ticket machine a hefty kick, whereupon she won the jackpot £20 coins prize and then paid a £1 for the fee. Then we found we could have crossed a kerb to get out for free!!! Not that the thought of cheating NCP ever came into my head!

Just got back from burying the rest of my mother, 73 miles from where 2/3 of her is buried.

The journey was over to Fife, which had enjoyed heavy rain 3 hours previously. After a short ceremony, we used a back road/country road/a road wi only 2 lanes...one for 1 way and one for the opposite way. Managed to get the RAV washed thru using some serious puddles. Shame cows had been along an hour before!

Can ye order up the bits as the nearside arm is pretty much done. The drivers side is almost ok after the dungwash but best to do both...and not much point trying to buy 2nd hand anyway. New blades sponsored by Lindrop Bros is ok as well.

I'm in all tomorrow so will phone wi the wifes credit card. I'll be scraping the front lights!!! And probably washing the poor beast - the RAV - not the coo remnants stuck to it. Best fun I've had in ages as there was an open view of the wee road going up the hill. The ony thing we almost hit was a pheasant who will now have learnt that low flying tactics are no longer safe!!

Tried to pay an NCP car park ticket up here in East Kilbride (a well kent toon waur mony English fawk live) and it rejected the English £10 note we had. The wife had to give the ticket machine a hefty kick, whereupon she won the jackpot £20 coins prize and then paid a £1 for the fee. Then we found we could have crossed a kerb to get out for free!!! Not that the thought of cheating NCP ever came into my head!

Forgot to ask that if thats the price for a 3 door, then thank goodness I don't have a 5 door. £160??? Naw - too much!

• 1 month later...

Looking through various web sites that sell Wiper Blades I have noticed that they say RAV4 2000 on, use 24" or 600mm drivers side and 19 " 480mm passenger side blades.

Ive just been out and measured my 2006 XT3 blades and they measure 24" and 17", are you 4.3 drivers blades the same as mine? Glad I checked before ordering any.

looking at some American sites they say 24" and 17" for their version of the RAV4.

Still available from our website, £15.99 delivered per pair............Bargain!

Still available from our website, £15.99 delivered per pair............Bargain!

would you throw in the rear one for free as well :g: :g: :g:

Looking through various web sites that sell wiper blades I have noticed that they say RAV4 2000 on, use 24" or 600mm drivers side and 19 " 480mm passenger side blades.

Ive just been out and measured my 2006 XT3 blades and they measure 24" and 17", are you 4.3 drivers blades the same as mine? Glad I checked before ordering any.

looking at some American sites they say 24" and 17" for their version of the RAV4.

Frank

The blades are not the same but the rubbers are just about interchangeable. The 4.2 has a standard blade with a traditional braket frame but the 4.3 has a plastic cowl over the frame. The rubbers have slightly different locating recesses but do interchange. You can interchange the entire blade between vehicles but a 24" spoiler blade or newer type "frameless" blade would make more sense on a 4.3 to replace the cowled version to achieve similar aerodynamics.

US 4.3's use standard blades for some reason - perhaps because there are higher speed limits in Europe.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links