Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alternative Sat Nav Mount

dave.m

As any body used the stick on plastic discs on their dashboard to mount a tom tom? they seem a good idea but I'm worried they might damage the dash on removal.

I recently purchased a brodit pro clip ,sat nav holder ,and mini move clip although not cheap it does provide a very good solution !! each pro clip is made for each model of car they are fitted too so that you can move it on the sale of your vehicle and it leaves no damage !!

Have to agree, the brodit mount with a dashmount kit is the way to go - perfectly engineered and no damage to the vehicle whatsoever...

• 1 year later...
Good with a soldering iron ? Fancy trying this -

http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21769

It's certainly an "interesting" way and place to mount it. Full credit to the chap. Think I prefer to keep my air vent though.

(you may need to be as good as SHCM ) ;)

Who says I'm any good at soldering? :unsure: ;)

Lab technicians are a luxury these days and designers have to do everything themselves. I can just about do 0402 (That's 40 thou by 20 thou) size surface mount components by hand, without a microscope, but I wouldn't guarantee the quality of the joints. For that I do need a microscope.

If we ever start using 0201 (20 thou x 10 thou) or 10005 (10 thou x 5 thou - you see the pattern) sizes, then I'll give up trying to do them by hand. :yes:

Still, those dimensions are chicken feed compared with some of your mechy tolerances, eh Dave? ;) :thumbsup:

Still, those dimensions are chicken feed compared with some of your mechy tolerances, eh Dave? ;) :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: thou's ????? think micron's mate :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links