Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 6 Alarm Problem.

spraggsy

Hi,

I own an April '94 registered Celica GT (UK Spec), which I've had for just over a year.

I got it with 2 regular keys (not remote), but no handbook (I've been scouring eBay for months - they're as rare as hen's teeth!).

As the alarm fitted had never gone off since I bought the car, and one of the motion sensors above the dashboard was broken off it's mount and is sitting still wired up inside the glovebox, I assumed that the alarm had been disabled by a previous owner.

That was until I took the (ancient, but still quite good) Battery off to charge it up overnight as a winter treat.

Now the alarm has come back to life, but with a vengeance, gone totally berserk, and will not allow me to re-connect the Battery.

One of the keyrings the car came with does have a ring type key that fits into a lock on the back of the alarm unit fitted to the strut brace, and it allows you to turn the lock mechanism through 45 degrees, but this apparently has no effect that I can discern.

There's obviously some kind of order, or sequence, in which things must be done correctly, or someway to disarm the !Removed! thing entirely, which would suit me fine.

Can anybody please help?

Hi,

I own an April '94 registered Celica GT (UK Spec), which I've had for just over a year.

I got it with 2 regular keys (not remote), but no handbook (I've been scouring ebay for months - they're as rare as hen's teeth!).

As the alarm fitted had never gone off since I bought the car, and one of the motion sensors above the dashboard was broken off it's mount and is sitting still wired up inside the glovebox, I assumed that the alarm had been disabled by a previous owner.

That was until I took the (ancient, but still quite good) battery off to charge it up overnight as a winter treat.

Now the alarm has come back to life, but with a vengeance, gone totally berserk, and will not allow me to re-connect the battery.

One of the keyrings the car came with does have a ring type key that fits into a lock on the back of the alarm unit fitted to the strut brace, and it allows you to turn the lock mechanism through 45 degrees, but this apparently has no effect that I can discern.

There's obviously some kind of order, or sequence, in which things must be done correctly, or someway to disarm the bloody thing entirely, which would suit me fine.

Can anybody please help?

that lock mechanism must be turned off before disconnecting Battery and turned back on after the Battery is reconnected. got same alarm system on carina e. also if the Battery isnt fully charged the alarm can give a lot of trouble. hope that helps.

• 5 months later...
Hi,

I got it with 2 regular keys (not remote), but no handbook (I've been scouring ebay for months - they're as rare as hen's teeth!).

That was until I took the (ancient, but still quite good) battery off to charge it up overnight as a winter treat.

Now the alarm has come back to life, but with a vengeance, gone totally berserk, and will not allow me to re-connect the battery.

There's obviously some kind of order, or sequence, in which things must be done correctly, or someway to disarm the !Removed! thing entirely, which would suit me fine.

Can anybody please help?

Had a problem with mine a couple of years ago, Toyota dealer told me that the alarms were supplied by Scorpion alarms, but that they have gone out of business. I found Scorpion on the net still alive and kicking, got a local mechanic to remove the alarm and sent it to them. They overhauled it for around £70 and supplied me with two new remotes. Any autoelectrician should be able to disconnect it for you, but if you want to keep the alarm (I'm told it's a pretty good one and it will probably reduce your insurance premiums) I could send you Scorpions details.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links