Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scratches

Penelope Pitstop

Today whilst reversin off my drive a slightly scuffed my front bumper on my wall, and it has scratched my bumper ,they look a bit deeper than surface scratches but no dents..what shud i do???Is it a job for mr T////// :!Removed!: :ffs: P.P...I think i mite go and take a pic of it and post it with this question ,,,,,,,thanks in advance

I'ld call a local mobile spray guy will be a shed load cheaper than mr t and are usually pretty good, mr t will probably be using a local bodyshop anyways....

how deep are the scratches, would something like g3 or scratch x get rid of them ?

mmmmm..if i run my finger along them, then i can feel that there are scratches. also i think its gone down to th emetal as it luks black in places in the scratch..... :(

If it is your bumper it won't be down to bare metal.......they are made of plastic, still not a good place for a scratch :( but at least it won't rust :thumbsup:

oooooooooo......well it feels like metal,,i will take a foto in a min and post it up

oooooooooo......well it feels like metal,,i will take a foto in a min and post it up

Giddlepin is quite correct,the front and rear bumpers are plastic (black).

There are various mobile scratch/dent repairer`s around and they are very good on small scratches sutch as yours.

Our red roadster had a gouge and scratch in it`s rear bumper before we bought it (down to the base plastic) the dealer had a mobile repairer come out to it. The repair is perfect (18 months now).

Have a look in yellow pages , or try the internet for one in your area.

Bob.

arr thanks for that. wow i thought it was metal..its only plastic?????????yes Les is right ,,at least it wont rust,,anybody have any idea pricings so i dont get ripped off????rough idea?????

Hi..well i went to Mr T today and showed them the scratches on my bumper ,,anyhow they said it would be £80.00 plus vat,,,so i booked it in for monday,,i thought that sounded ok....what do you think?????at least i know they will have the correct colour coded paint ,,,,,,,but will they fill the scratches in with some type of filler?there are no dents..just if you were to run your fingers across the scratches you can feel the grooves even tho they are very very slight ........PP ;)

They should rub it down, use some plastic filler to build up the level then sand it again, then they should use some plastic primer and some more sanding, then finally paint and lacquer with some wet sanding to fully match the colour.

well they said it wud take a morning to do which concerned me coz how can they do all that sandin an filling an primin an paintin in just a mornin,,,an all for 80.00 plus vat?

They won't do the full bumper.. just the bits that are scratched.

i know they will only do the scratched bit,,,,,,,,,so that sounds about right then for the price??

I have heard it can cost £50/60 to sort a supermarket ding out so that don't sound too bad (as long as it's guaranteed) ;)

:D :D i think i will have it booked in for a complimentary valet and wash,,alloys cleaned ect,,,,just to get my monies worth :D :D

Well my Mr2 is booked in at Mr T's in Wigan ..Monday ,,so i will let you know how i get on,,,

Hello All..well i took my car into Toyota today,,and they have done a great job.......they dropped me off in wigan then picked me up bout 4hr later,,,,,anyway the cars a treat :D :D

Excellent :thumbsup:

It will be nice to have it at its best again I bet ;)

:D Yes..Thats exactly what i thought when i drove off in it :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links