Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Spurk Plug Is Better?

atish

hey which spurk plug is better for the performance and acceleration? Iridium or platinum? or is there other plaug should i go for..i have a AE101 with 4AFE engine...thanks

Makes no difference so long as the plugs are adjusted well.

All the plug does is ignite the charge in the cylinder. Be careful how you read the hype on plug advertising.

A poorly gapped plug will not spark properly leading to poor ignition and loss of power/fuel economy etc. However a good spark whether it be from platinum or Iridium plugs will produce the same performance. The advantage of Iridium plugs is less voltage required for sparking taking some load off of the electrical system and the tips are harder wearing

hey which spurk plug is better for the performance and acceleration? iridium or platinum? or is there other plaug should i go for..i have a AE101 with 4AFE engine...thanks

i found the Bosch super 4 very good in a 7a-fe.iridium plugs are becoming popular in modern engine design cos they are smaller (so the head can have larger valves) and very long lasting. never tried Iridium plugs in the 7a so couldnt make a comparision.

I fitted ngk Iridium plugs and ngk racing plug leads to my ae102 ( 7afe engine ) about 7 to 8 weeks back and there was an instant improvement in throttle response....will pick up alot quicker even in the higher gears when your just tipping along and then put the shoe down........

RECOMENDED :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links