Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hid Conversion

kangzy

my mate is bulk buying HID kits at about 65 a go..very tempted to go for it!

wanted to make sure they are road legal??

are they????

are they????

my mate is an mot tester - he says they aint legal but they pass the mot as the lights arent on long enough to get too hot for the headlight machine.

are they????

my mate is an mot tester - he says they aint legal but they pass the mot as the lights arent on long enough to get too hot for the headlight machine.

head light machine?

so if get pulled over my the police and they pop my bonnet will i get done for the conversion?

are they????

head light machine?

so if get pulled over my the police and they pop my bonnet will i get done for the conversion?

when you for your MOT - that red thing they shine the lights into, checks alignment and discharge. never had a bizzy :censor: look under my bonnet - checked the boot a few times though. i wouldnt risk the hassle - they are only gonna be awkward and try get a rise - if they are clued up its an easy ticket

Dont HID need ti have headlight washers to make them legal ? sure it does even though it isnt included in the kit

Fitting headlight washers and levellers to aftermarket HIDs does not make them legal.

New cars with HIDS do need those things, but even if you have those, fitting HIDs to non-HID lamps is illegal.

That said, you're very unlikely to get stopped for it, and many cars have passed MOTs with them fitted. Regulations are likely to tighten up though.

I think the biggest risk with illegal HIDs is that if you're in an accident at night you may well find the insurance companies use that as an excuse to lay the blame at your door, and/or refuse to pay up at all.

Dont HID need ti have headlight washers to make them legal ? sure it does even though it isnt included in the kit

Fitting headlight washers and levellers to aftermarket HIDs does not make them legal.

New cars with HIDS do need those things, but even if you have those, fitting HIDs to non-HID lamps is illegal.

That said, you're very unlikely to get stopped for it, and many cars have passed MOTs with them fitted. Regulations are likely to tighten up though.

I think the biggest risk with illegal HIDs is that if you're in an accident at night you may well find the insurance companies use that as an excuse to lay the blame at your door, and/or refuse to pay up at all.

oh ic.. dat doesnt sound to promising!

but obviously the higher the discharge the more likely it is to fail mot.. ie 8k is more like to pass rather than a 12k HID kit right?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links