Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav 'beep'

simo1958

Hi all

Does anybody know of a way to permanently turn off the 'beep' on the sat nav on my xt5. I know you can turn it off, but you have to do it every time you start the car and I find it very annoying.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi all

Does anybody know of a way to permanently turn off the 'beep' on the sat nav on my xt5. I know you can turn it off, but you have to do it every time you start the car and I find it very annoying.

Cheers

Martyn

I have an 05 XT5 but no beep ?

What is this beep for ?

Is it an optional Extra :yes:

Hi all

Cheers

Martyn

What is this beep for ?

Sorry, should have explained better!

The annoying bl***y beep when you select anything on screen or press destination, menu etc. There is an option to turn it off but it returns the next time you start up.

Hi all

Cheers

Martyn

What is this beep for ?

Sorry, should have explained better!

The annoying bl***y beep when you select anything on screen or press destination, menu etc. There is an option to turn it off but it returns the next time you start up.

Without running outside in my underwear is it the same option that turns off the voice commands I wonder ?

On the information screen you have the option to turn off beep. I want to turn it off permanently.

Which RAV generation are we talking about here Martyn and which head unit?

Just checked mine for you (B9004) and it does remember the "beep off" setting on the information page with power cycles (car starts).

Obviously a beeping pain in the beep for you.

Cheers

Which RAV generation are we talking about here Martyn and which head unit?

Just checked mine for you (B9004) and it does remember the "beep off" setting on the information page with power cycles (car starts).

Obviously a beeping pain in the beep for you.

Cheers

Thanks schm. Its a 4.3 (2007) xt5. Sorry I dont know the type of head unit, maybe you can advise.

Cheers

Without running outside to check, I can't remember mine beeping. So it must remember the settings ...???

I hate these kind of beeps, and always turn them off as soon as I can.

I have a B9003 and it beeps always 5 times when it shuts down.

Also the frontpanel goes in-and-out for two times before the fan stops running and the unit goes off.

If someone knows something about this, please let me know.

Thanks schm. Its a 4.3 (2007) xt5. Sorry I dont know the type of head unit, maybe you can advise.

Cheers

Well, over the past few days, I've not been able to get mine to forget its "no beep" setting, despite trying different things and we should have the same head unit. Maybe there's a bug in there related to some other configuration and we have the units configured slightly differently.

Dutchrav's sounds like a fault.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links