Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev 3 Clear Corners

blz-8027

Hi thought i would post these pictures of my new rev 3 clear rear indicators

don't know if its in the right place though so sorry if it isnt?

clearINDICATORS010.jpg

clearINDICATORS2001.jpg

clearINDICATORS2005.jpg

clearINDICATORS2003.jpg

clearINDICATORS2004.jpg

clearINDICATORS013.jpg

In all my time in the MR2 scene i aint ever seen those here in the UK... So well done for having a rare great looking mod.

I personally would have just sprayed them lightly over in red to give it all a solid colour but deffo looks good regardless. :)

If you notice Ash.. his car is a rev2... You can retrofit rev 3 rear lights to your car to update its looks quite easy. :)

Would that involve,? I doubt it would be as simple as a straight swap :(

I am just popping over to IMOC and MR2 OC to see who has done it on there :P

it really is a sraight swap from what i have read... you just need to ensure you have the center panel..

ohhhhhhhhh goody, B) I have a center panel but its the wrong shape -_- well at least I know its do-able , and can now be added to my TO-DO list over the summer break!

Thanks Fizz.x

Have just found out that rev 3 lights will also fit rev 1 :rolleyes:

what is the difference between rev 2 and rev 3 rear lights?

It is more or less a straight swap for the rev1 to rev3 light conversion.

All you have to do is get a big hammer/mallet and bash the slam panel in a little so the reverse lights of the rev3 centre panel fits.

(if I can do it, anyone can)

The guy who makes these also does them for the early rev1/2 clusters, full info on IMOC

imo they do look good on rev1/2 but not rev3 as fizz says best to tint the indicators red n give the solid one colour look.

It is more or less a straight swap for the rev1 to rev3 light conversion.

All you have to do is get a big hammer/mallet and bash the slam panel in a little so the reverse lights of the rev3 centre panel fits.

(if I can do it, anyone can)

Yeah, the worst bit is beating the center panel to get the reverse lights to fit!

Thanks for the comments people

Ive got two sets now tinted red and these clears

as you say though i prefer the tinted red look i think it goes with the car better

Picture035.jpg

So these clears will be for sale soon

As you have said he also does the the clears for the rev1/2

DSCN0110.jpg

And he does the clear toblerones as well

Picture131.jpg

if it's the bloke i think it is- i have had my clear tobs on the front of mine made by him.

if it's the bloke i think it is- i have had my clear tobs on the front of mine made by him.

Yes it is indeed the same bloke - I am the....the Creator of all the afore mentioned items :D

Here's my 2p's worth FWIW.......

Thanks for the feedback. At the end of the day, it's what you the owners think that's most important.

1) Clears on the Rev1/2 suit the design of the rest of the unit on any colour car perhaps better than the Rev3, but much dependent on colour(and personal preference), although I think on white they look the Mutt's B)

upload1.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

I rather fancy them on red too, as it I think it helps break up all the otherwise.........redness(as on my 944(see avatar)

2) I will not be supplying anything in red dyed plastic. To try to match the colour would be extemely difficult, and I think you'd almost certainly have MOT issues. A red tint spray applied over an amber lens will however still flash amber no problem, if you don't apply it too heavily.

3) I have never been a fan of tint sprays before, but I think this is down to the skill of application. You need warm, dry, dust free conditions - I've built a booth inside one of my garden sheds which I've fitted an extractor fan to, which seems to work quite nicely. The stuff I've used says it can be removed with thinners, so you can redo it if you don't like the finish or it fades with age. I still need to test my plastic to see if thinners will damage it.

4) I won't be producing the triangles in clear even though I think they could look okay in principle. They'd be too difficult to cut apart and rebond together and the cost would be higher than people would pay. They'd also have to be masked and tint sprayed to match the indicator, so you can see how much is involved - definite non starter.

So, what's on offer is the Rev 1/2's and the Rev 3 clear rear indicator lenses, with smoked tint border applied ready. I've also put together an illustrated guide showing you how to to it.....

http://mr2oc.co.uk/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=84550.html

Well that's it from me for now

clear tobes are awesome!

Cheers Jimlad,

They don't look half bad on white too :thumbsup:

If anybody like to send me or post pics of them on other colours that would be great

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1963.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links