Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Skip And Power Loss

DSGB6200

Hello. I own a 96 Toyota Camry with 175,000 miles on it. I have owned it about a year now. Overall it runs good (especially on the highway). The only major problems I seem to be having out of it is an occasional skip in the engine when driving on the interstate on long road trips, and trouble accelerating at take-off in the city. I think I may have either a dirty fuel filter and/or clogged fuel injectors. I run fuel injector cleaner through it pretty often though, so i don't think that's it. I am trying to get this problem solved with as little guess work as possible, and hopefully without having to pay a mechanic to run diagnostics on my car. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

When is the last time the Air filter was changed/checked.

Fuel fliter will cause the same kind of problems.

But from what you say, and not being there. I vote it's a dirty Air filter. Easy to check, open the box it lives in and look at it. It should be a clean white color, if you remove it you should be able to see through it looking at a light.

When you step in it, it has to draw extra air into the motor from the outside world. If it can't suck air through the filter, it can't go faster.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links