Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Tyres Are Best?

Dan Clark

Hi there.

My Dunlop SP2000E's on the front of my 04 2.0 D4D T3s need replacing as the passenger side has had a slow puncture for a while which has started to bald the rim. They have lasted around 18,000 to 20,000 miles and I have had no problems with them. I have looked at some alternatives and am wondering what other Avensis drivers think about the following tyres.

Pirelli P6000

Goodyear Excellence

Continental Sport Contact 2

Avon ZV3

Barum Bravuris

Or the Dunlop SP2000E

I buy my tyres from Blackcircles.com and all the tyres are around the £130 mark fitted for the 2. I will be ordering them today or tomorrow so any advice is greatly received.

Many thanks.

Barum Bravuris

I ran these on a Volvo and liked them BUT they are a bit noisy. I later went for Millennium (asymetric) and they

are fine, I now use them on the Avensis as well, not bad at £60ea all in from my local fitter.

Personally I swear by Michelin Energy (also known as Michelin E3A). Grip seems to be more than adequate, and I get about 40,000 miles out of a set on the front (considerably more on the back). Price £50 to £60 each, fitted. Hope that helps.

Ian

Hi there.

My Dunlop SP2000E's on the front of my 04 2.0 D4D T3s need replacing as the passenger side has had a slow puncture for a while which has started to bald the rim. They have lasted around 18,000 to 20,000 miles and I have had no problems with them. I have looked at some alternatives and am wondering what other Avensis drivers think about the following tyres.

Pirelli P6000

Goodyear Excellence

Continental Sport Contact 2

Avon ZV3

Barum Bravuris

Or the Dunlop SP2000E

I buy my tyres from Blackcircles.com and all the tyres are around the £130 mark fitted for the 2. I will be ordering them today or tomorrow so any advice is greatly received.

Many thanks.

hello mate

i use goodyear "eagle" in summer time. it is good enough for me with good stability.

in winter time i use nokian.

cheers/igor

Personally I swear by Michelin Energy (also known as Michelin E3A). Grip seems to be more than adequate, and I get about 40,000 miles out of a set on the front (considerably more on the back). Price £50 to £60 each, fitted. Hope that helps.

Ian

40K out of the front - wow! do u sit on the motorway all the time?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, might be a bit late for a reply now, but here goes anyway.......

Back in December 2001, yes, 2001 I fitted new NOKIAN NRV's 225/45x17 to my 1998 Avensis 1.8GLS. Which had then about 79000 miles. I eventually had to replace them in September this year because I felt they might fail me on my MOT. My mileage being at the time 134000 miles, yes you saw right! The handling was great, very precise and very good in the wet and cold! I did rotate often though, I have to say. But well worth it.

I personally think a great tyre, and not too expensive. But usually they have to be ordered in by whoever does your tyres.

Cheers, Bill.

I have Avon ZV3's on mine, they leen towards sportier driving, the trade of being they are softer , but they give me confidence.

Hi there,

Been looking at tyre prices myself today and came across these, http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/ts/search/ty...ode=2055516ML2V

Price is real good, all inclusive of fitting, balance and so on.

Hope this helps.

Shy B)

LOL< just noticed the date on this thread :lol:

i went for Conti premium contact 2s. Cost £300 fitted for all 4 from tyre shopper through National tyres. Have been very good for the last 20k. quiet, good grip. what more do you want? In the reviews i looked at, they were a better all rounder than the others inc sport contact 2s.

P6000s are ditch-finders IMHO....

DC

I agree with Chandler32. The Continental Premium Contact 2 is one THE best tyres out there. Don't take my word for it, Google it and see the reviews (professional performance tests) for yourself. They are a bit pricey though.

I've just changed mine to Michelin Pilot Primacy - even more pricey - to see what these would be like. Not long had them now but they seem very solid (and I don't mean hard on the ride), quiet, very good grip and give a smooth ride without much squirm/roll when taking corners.

I miss my OEM Michelin Energy tyres. Those beauties gave me nearly 80k miles!! But I'm told there is a world of difference between OEM and Retail which is why I didn't go for them again.

I would opt for either Continental Premium Contact 2 or the Michelin Pilot Primacy. If you want a cheaper alternative then Toyo Proxes are pretty good but they are a bit noisy and you'll be lucky to get more than 20k out of them. The Goodyear Hydragrip tyre is excellent - in the wet! Not so good on the dry.

I agree with Chandler32

So do I. About everything, probably. A man with an avatar like that, and who writes properly-accented Spanish ... what's to disagree with?

I've stuck with Bridgestone ER30's, good grip and quiet. I use www.mytyres.co.uk. They have a more extensive range than Tyre Shopper, quick delivery and I can get a local tyre fitter to fit them for £12 each, fully balanced and new valve.

• 1 month later...

Hi there.

/// snipped

Just changed my rear tyres from Dunlop Sport 3000 to Michelin Exalto PE2. 17" Rims. Noise reduction is amazing - very pleased. £119 each from Costco.

Had Dunlop SP2000's on my 2005 Avensis but have just changed to Michelin Primacy HP from Costco. Dunlops were good but noisy when compared to the new Michelins. £305 for 4.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links