Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T4 Estate - Abs/vsc/trc Off Lights

shairaz

HI

If I start the car with my foot on the brake pedal all is ok, the minute I take my foot off the brake pedal the ABS / VSC / TRC OFF light come on the dash!

All drives well etc...

Any ideas

HI

If I start the car with my foot on the brake pedal all is ok, the minute I take my foot off the brake pedal the ABS / VSC / TRC OFF light come on the dash!

All drives well etc...

Any ideas

Hi Shairaz,

Sounds like a possible ABS Computer related problem. Does the speedometer and odometer work? I ask this as the ABS ECU may (it does on some cars certainly though am not 100% sure about the Toyota) provide the speed signal. If the ABS system has a problem there should be an error code stored which needs to be read off by an OBD II compliant reader which plugs into the socket under the dashboard. First thing you may wish to check are the ABS fuses to make sure the circuit is live.

Maybe you can give more details about the car and remember, if the cars under warranty, take it back to Mr T to have the code(s) read and resolution sought. Braking system should still work though you won't have any safety features presently and you will lock the wheels up if you brake hard. That's a real possibility with the current cold snap.

HTH :thumbsup:

Mal.

PROBLEM SORTED !!! Believe it or not, just by chance I realised that both rear brake light bulbs were not working, replaced the bulbs and problem fixed!

How !Removed! crap!

• 3 weeks later...

Having the same problem but, this only occurred 3times and very unregular and only when I was braking. Switching off the engine and starting it again turned off the TRC/VSC lights.

Took the car to my dealer and having him to check it out now. Anyone a idea what this could be?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links