Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

User handbook

maxbailey

Hello there,Does your Landcruiser look like mine(look left).

If so i can recomend the Haynes Repair manuel.You can buy it over the internet ,heres the web site,

http://www.haynes.co.uk/

If this is no good we can try something else,Regards,Brian.:)

Thanks for that. No, it's supposedly a 1991 model Prado 2VX, and looks a bit more square and 'old fashioned' than yours. Don't read Japanese do you?

Hi What do you want to know about the car.Asked me ill see if i know the answer or make the answer up like the importers probably will do.

No seriously if you are stuck on something ask im sur me or someone on the site will know the answer.I think we all like a quiz now and again.

Regards,Brian.:)

Hiya Brian. It's mostly to do with the auto transmission. High 4 for instance, is it safe to select it with the leccy switch on the move? I imagine the hub-lock would cause some grief, but perhaps not. I imagine low ratio which is mechanically selected so to speak, requires you to be stationary. I shall find the dipstick before it runs out of oil - probably by looking under the bonnet! It's only done about 48K miles, so what should the oil consumption be, typically, if at all?

That should do for now.

Max

Mines a manuel transmission.Ill have a look in my book,im a bit busy at the mo looking after my son(14 months old )I will get back to you tonight.

Regards,Brian.

Hello Max,ive got the information you require.

Can you send me your e-mail address so i can send you the info.Not a hot mail account as i need to send some heavy memory stuff.

All the best,Brian.

brian-j@blueyonder.co.uk

can you not post the meat of the info in here Brian.........

aswell that is,so we can start filling this 4 x 4 section..:D

Hello,There are three main reasons why i did it my way,

1,Legal reasons(copying manuels)A bloke down the pub copied them yer honour.

2,Seven pages of writing just to explain the gear changing.(easier to scan)

3,Theres not enough room on here to write all the stuff.

If anybody wants the info i will send it to them,Regards,Brian.;)

I would agree with Brian there. Good information, for which I am grateful, but I wouldn't want to type it out. All I need now is some snow/mud/M1 to try it all out. I wonder if the previous owner used hub lock for 10 miles a month to keep it lubricated?

Originally posted by maxbailey

Got a nice 1991 Landcruiser Prado Auto import with an equally nice handbook in Japanese. Is there a source for English versions? Photocopy? Anything?

My dad's just bought a similar car - an import version. Toyota UK supplied a handbook for a similar model that covers all the important things. Was very cheap.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links