Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Eu In Possible Talks To Ban Older Cars !

Uncle Bob

Guys please sign this petition when you find time.........

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Classic-Cars/

.....and pass it on to any other car clubs you belong to :)

"Several EU proposals across the years are dangerous to the classic car movement. One that has been under consideration is to ban the use of cars older than 10 years."

The subject as reappeared in the motoring press today, so repost !!! or not it something i feel need to be kept in the public eye, as lets face it we have a few car on here that are over 10 years old :(

Sorry to post a negative but as an MOT tester I am constantly amazed at the junk people try to keep on the road.Problem is we test to a minimum standard or a lot more cars on the verge of oblivion could be put on a ship to China.Sorry if that offends all you classic lovers.

Sorry to post a negative but as an MOT tester I am constantly amazed at the junk people try to keep on the road.Problem is we test to a minimum standard or a lot more cars on the verge of oblivion could be put on a ship to China.Sorry if that offends all you classic lovers.

Not at all; unless you're suggesting that all old cars are junk.

I've seen plenty of well looked after cars that are 10, 20, 30 or more years old. And conversely plenty of badly maintained sheds that are only a few years old.

I'll happily agree that dangerous cars shouldn't be on the road, but I don't think that's a very good excuse to point the finger at all older cars.

What they could implement is a more stringent MOT test - not at the drop of a hat but over time allowing for more testers to be trained in the new procedures. Personally I'd have no problem with that because I wouldn't want to be driving an unsafe car anyway. That and increase the fines for anyone caught driving a car without an MOT test.

1. Banning of older cars will never happen, government could barely organise a pi**-up in a brewery never mind ban old cars.

2. With all the crap labour are in (buggered economy, northern rock, leaking of pretty much all important databases) the last thing they want to do is cut there car/petrol tax revenue and annoy the public.

3. The petitions website is just an expensive way of saying thanks for your input but we had already decided to take the opposite action.

not much of a job if u just test new cars that you know are safe is it. Maybe if they do as proposed you can be unemployed :) :thumbsup:

I to am not offend by your comments :) , I'm an ex-MOT test of 18 years and agree theres allot of old crap on the road, but an old car /classic car has a condition range from, held together with gaffer tape ,cable ties and filler to a full restored modern day classic , so if the EU do want to tighten the laws on older cars thats fine but don't just try implement a 10 year ban, as most if not all Japanese /German car are so well made the should have a 15-20 year life span, and surly its more environmentally friendly to make an older car last longer .

Building new Cars uses a massive amount of resources and material to build, so if half the cars in the UK are over 10 years old, whats that 30 million odd new car need to be bought, that should make a nice big hole in the ozone layer ...sorry off soap box now :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links