Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Totota Avensis

Deakin

Hi guys me again i was on about my avensis missfiring well it has sort of cleared and now i am losing power,if i am driving along and go to put the foot down i can feel very little happening it does pick up speed but it takes so long, i have seen the same thing on another guys car,someone told him about 2 screws on the back of the pump you cant buy them for an avensis but the ones of a rav will do the same job and someone else said maybe the fuel filter but no one ever came back to say if it had cured the problem or not any one else know anything. Thanks

Hi guys me again i was on about my avensis missfiring well it has sort of cleared and now i am losing power,if i am driving along and go to put the foot down i can feel very little happening it does pick up speed but it takes so long, i have seen the same thing on another guys car,someone told him about 2 screws on the back of the pump you cant buy them for an avensis but the ones of a rav will do the same job and someone else said maybe the fuel filter but no one ever came back to say if it had cured the problem or not any one else know anything. Thanks

hi mate

is your car diesel powered or not? as per the above nature it seems a diesel powered.

it looks strange. Firstly check with fuel filter element with its purity. Secondly check with superchargiing system starting from T/C's suction air filter, an scavange air system leakproofness. Thirdly - there may be a problem with solenoid valve that admits diesel to fill in the HP fuel injection pump from fuel filter. By the way please also check with leakproofness of air needle valve on its case. The lose pf power might be resulted that an air is sucted from this needle valve. There are many other faults but try to investigate step by step.

cheers/igor

hi mate

is your car diesel powered or not? as per the above nature it seems a diesel powered.

it looks strange. Firstly check with fuel filter element with its purity. Secondly check with superchargiing system starting from T/C's suction air filter, an scavange air system leakproofness. Thirdly - there may be a problem with solenoid valve that admits diesel to fill in the HP fuel injection pump from fuel filter. By the way please also check with leakproofness of air needle valve on its case. The lose pf power might be resulted that an air is sucted from this needle valve. There are many other faults but try to investigate step by step.

cheers/igor

Hi igor sorry mate yes the car is a 2.0 D4D i had the fuel filter changed about 5 weeks ago everthing seemed allright up untill then, i did take a look at the filter to see if there was any diesel on it but it seemed to be dry enough,thanks for the help mate i will try to get the rest these things checked.

yes the red and green suction valves the same for rav4 your toyota dealer will have the part number in the totts system

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links