Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Navagation

doutfire

hi

i have collected new t,sirit prius this week navagation system has been updated I have new roads with names

that had not got names in 2006 t,spirit. In new t,spirit something happened that has not happened before

M42 north towards birmingham airport voice says slow moveing traffic ahead 400 yds yes their it was so i don't

know if this is because of the upgrade on m42 traffic alert or upgrade in toyota prius but nice touch.

The postcode is still the same would be nice if full post code and the touch of speed alerts this system would

be fault less I have looked on the web but can't find any details of possible speed alert add ons does anybody know of any. very intrested yours doutfire

just bought spare wheel I go out very early mornings space saver okay but but 5am in morning 200 mile round trip

Ile put spare in shed just in case

the new satnav has TMC, this will not work if your listening to the radio unless your tuned into classic fm which broadcasts the gmc signal.

Not sure if a new set of discs will work in older models, I don't care I've got the new model ;)

Whoa Whoa.... I beleive the Toyota implementation of RDC-TMC (Radio Data System - Traffic Message Chennel) uses a seperate receiver to the entertainment system. It is a silver box the size of a cigarette packet. You do not have to be tuned into Classic Fm (the channel which carries the TMC codes on its RDS data stream) to receive TMC. ;)

Whoa Whoa.... I beleive the Toyota implementation of RDC-TMC (Radio Data System - Traffic Message Chennel) uses a seperate receiver to the entertainment system. It is a silver box the size of a cigarette packet. You do not have to be tuned into Classic Fm (the channel which carries the TMC codes on its RDS data stream) to receive TMC. ;)

hi

ive been intouch with navteq they surply mapping for toyota prius system

i inquired about full postcode system and also speed safty awareness the reply

was that navteq do both but toyota don't implement it in to their system and were

intrested in my in inquirey and said the more people asking this question may spark some future

development from toyota yours

doutfire

My manual says there is no seperate TMC box, if you don't have a seperate box you can't get TMC if your listening to another radio station. You HAVE to listen to classic FM, or a CD or MP3 player via aux.

My manual says there is no seperate TMC box, if you don't have a seperate box you can't get TMC if your listening to another radio station. You HAVE to listen to classic FM, or a CD or MP3 player via aux.

Mine auto tunes to Classic FM but I can listen to any FM station I like at the same time. The TMC feature is separate to the FM radio (or it is on mine anyway :lol: ). Mine is a 57 plate but I don't know if that makes any difference?

I'm with habu on this one....... the ealy RDS-TMC systems(on other cars) used the main receiver for TMC, but Toyota (in the AW manefestation) on the Avensis alll new models from 03ish use a seperate grundig receiver. If you look under the passenger seat you will see it next to the main nav system, as I said it used to be the size of a !Removed! packet and silver. I cannot beleive Toyota would go back to using the main entertainment tuner for TMC. :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links