Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rover V8 into Celica

dnac

If it helps,

I have a TA22 with an ex Rover Vitesse V8 and 5 speed fitted. It's a very tight fit and there are a number of unresolved problems such as there being no space for the right side exhaust to exit past the steering box, and there has to be a modification to the cross member under the radiator, otherwise the oil filter can't be changed, etc etc.......

Other than that it runs with an RA40 GT LSD through a modified prop which seems to be strong enough for the estimated 220 BHP. Its together and is more fun than than a box of frogs on the road, buts 'needs further development......'

If you are considering a conversion a 23, 28 or 40 bodyshell would be a much more practical proposition from a space point of view.

I'll get some pictures together if you need them.

Marcus

• 1 month later...

Hey celicacity, I would love to see some pics

I have a project in the research stages of fitting a Supercharged 4.0 from a soarer into a TA22

so any info on conversions of this nature would be great.

Thanks

Darrell

Wow.

Ive only just caught onto this thread sorry... Ive got a TA22 and am planning on swapping the whole RWD AE86 suspension onto it. As far as i know the diff fits straight on, and the back axle.... well i'll let u know once ive found one :D my gearbox is a T50 which i think is the same as the 'rolla's theirs some interesting points said hear.

What im doing at the moment is using a 3T block with the 2TG head which gives me 1.8ltr + over bore of 89mm should give me somewhere between 160 - 210bhp at the flywheel with a bit of luck. Im using ARP bolts (to stop what happened at japfest), my rods are shotpeened, using high comp Arias pistons, a centerforce clutch, lightend f/w etc..... my goal is to stick to the 70's way of modding my engine, and after that i'll blow those rules and stick a turbo or 2 on :D I could have dropped a 4AG-ZE in or a 1UZ but this is my first engine build so i wanted to go deep inside the block and c what happens when i come out the other side :arrgg-matey: :arrgg-matey: :arrgg-matey:

Buzz 2jz, although you are clearly deranged, I will get some pics together. The car is in store right now at the back of my storage unit behind seven others, so bear with me - I may be able to get some pics during next week.

Marcus

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links