Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

R Reg Disable Auto Lock Feature

sancheetah

Hi All

New to the forum and hoping someone can help.

Our R reg (great car) automatically re locks after about a minute or so, if the

drivers door is not opened.

The wife recently locked our boy in the car after putting him in the back and gave him the keys to play with.

Fortunately she was at home and still held the house keys.

This incident brough the autolock feature to our attention as we weren't aware of it.

I am hoping that someone out there knows how I go about disabling this feature on the car

since it's got the potential to cause more problems than safety.

I wouldn't mind if it autolocked after a few seconds of driving, but as it stands, seems pretty useless

although I can see how it could be beneficial in some cases.

Your input would be more than appreciated.

Thanks a mil

Hi All

New to the forum and hoping someone can help.

Our R reg (great car) automatically re locks after about a minute or so, if the

drivers door is not opened.

The wife recently locked our boy in the car after putting him in the back and gave him the keys to play with.

Fortunately she was at home and still held the house keys.

This incident brough the autolock feature to our attention as we weren't aware of it.

I am hoping that someone out there knows how I go about disabling this feature on the car

since it's got the potential to cause more problems than safety.

I wouldn't mind if it autolocked after a few seconds of driving, but as it stands, seems pretty useless

although I can see how it could be beneficial in some cases.

Your input would be more than appreciated.

Thanks a mil

I actually like the Autolock feature and think that it's a pretty good security measure to have. Rather than have the feature disabled - something that I think may only be available from a Toyota Dealership - I think you should educate your wife to the potential problems that giving a young child a set of car keys can have.

I apologise for being blunt however, as a Policeman I all too frequently see the results that letting a child play with a set of car keys can have .

Best Wishes,

TeyaDog

[ I think you should educate your wife to the potential problems that giving a young child a set of car keys can have.

TeyaDog

I would go along with that, the autolock is disabled when any door is opened, and as she opened the door to put the kid in, its more likely he pressed the lock button on the key.

If you unlock the car with the remote, it will re-lock if you don't open a door. Once you have opened a door, it doesnt re-lock itself. I would imagine your little chap has pressed the remote key and locked himself in

Probably best to give him a useless bunch of keys to play with, much safer :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links