Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis - Stuck Electric Window

srqadri

The driver side of my electric window glass is stuck half way up. The switch works OK because it takes the window down but can raise it half way only.

Any suggestions to resolve this problem will be greatly appreciated. My car is presently locked inside the garage as I can't leave it outside on the road with the window half open.

Thanks

Have you tried pushing the glass upwards at the same time as trying to close it with the switch (mind you don't get your hand caught). No help in the long run, but might get you on the road again.

Ian

You normally find this is parking tickets come off inside the door when window down if you foget to take them off frequently. Once these wrap around your mechanism, they clogg it up and prevent it from scissoring correctly to open and close the window. After a time, trying to zap up your window can burn out the motor.

Try the pushing the window up thing as suggested by IKR, sometimes the extra force of your hand and arm in a pushing up motion on the side of the window inside while pressing the button for up too, can give it that little extra force past the fault. You never know this could unblock it or solve the fault.

For a little extra force, careful not to break the mechanism completely, try it with you pushing up from the inside of the window with somebody else pushing it up from the outside at the same time as pressing the button for up. This will double the force and also protect against pushing too hard on one side and risking bowing the mechanism or even breaking you window.

Both pushing up but againt each other in opposite sides of the window will counteract the force sideways on the window and concentrate it's pushing up instead, hence reducing the risk of breaking the window with side force and increasing the chances of success getting your window up again.

Rememeber to press the button for up on the window at the same time or it will be a pointless excercise.

Good luck, let us know how you get on. Careful too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links