Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Calling All Liteace 4x4 Mpv Owners

littlest hobo

Hello folks,

I'm new to this so if you think I'm posting this message in the wrong section please tell where I sholud be posring it okay...

I recently bought a 1988 LIteace 4x4 MPV and plan to convert it into a campervan. The seats in the back turn in all different kinds of directions but they're no use to me as I convert it, so Iwas thinking of putting them on eBay...unless anyone has any better advice...?...

Anyway, I found to my cost that you have to make sure the whole cooling system in good order when you buy one of these, but Idon't want to dwell on that know because I have a new engine in it and its running just fine.

I do have two little niggles with it however and I'd be very grateful if anyone can give me advice on putting them right.

1: NOT GETTING TRACTION FROM THE FRONT WHEELS. I was on a wet field the other day and was loosing all my traction through the spinning back wheels even though I had the 4x4 engaged.

UPDATE: OKAY GOT THE 4X4 PROBLEM SORTED...DIDN'T NOTICE THE SWITCHES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FRONT HUBS...ALL IS JUST GROOVY NOW!!!

STILL NOT SUSSED THE PROBLEM OF LACK OF HEAT TO THE WINDSCREEN YET......

2: NOT GETTING HEAT TO THE WINDSCREEN. I'm getting heat into the back okay via the heater under the swivelling seat, but no heat to the windscreen (nor at my feet). I'm assuming there is a heater matrix behind the dash somewhere that needs looking at...but I'd appreciate advice from anyone before I start pulling the dash apart...

littlest hobo... That user name rings a bell.....

• 3 weeks later...
Hello folks,

I'm new to this so if you think I'm posting this message in the wrong section please tell where I sholud be posring it okay...

I recently bought a 1988 LIteace 4x4 MPV and plan to convert it into a campervan. The seats in the back turn in all different kinds of directions but they're no use to me as I convert it, so Iwas thinking of putting them on ebay...unless anyone has any better advice...?...

Anyway, I found to my cost that you have to make sure the whole cooling system in good order when you buy one of these, but Idon't want to dwell on that know because I have a new engine in it and its running just fine.

I do have two little niggles with it however and I'd be very grateful if anyone can give me advice on putting them right.

1: NOT GETTING TRACTION FROM THE FRONT WHEELS. I was on a wet field the other day and was loosing all my traction through the spinning back wheels even though I had the 4x4 engaged.

UPDATE: OKAY GOT THE 4X4 PROBLEM SORTED...DIDN'T NOTICE THE SWITCHES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FRONT HUBS...ALL IS JUST GROOVY NOW!!!

2: NOT GETTING HEAT TO THE WINDSCREEN. I'm getting heat into the back okay via the heater under the swivelling seat, but no heat to the windscreen (nor at my feet). I'm assuming there is a heater matrix behind the dash somewhere that needs looking at...but I'd appreciate advice from anyone before I start pulling the dash apart...

Hello littlest hobo I'm also new to this so here goes did you suss your front heater problem as I'm having the same bother.ie loads of heat to the rear but none or very little at the front.Thought it may be an aircon problem but not sure.Cheers bilfox

Didn't sort the heater problem yet, but I'm going to pull the dash apart after this weekend and try to find out if there's a heater matrix behind there that might be blocked...will let you know how I get on then...

Hello folks,

I recently bought a 1988 LIteace 4x4 MPV and plan to convert it into a campervan. The seats in the back turn in all different kinds of directions but they're no use to me as I convert it, so Iwas thinking of putting them on ebay...unless anyone has any better advice...?...

Hello littlest hobo I'm also new to this so here goes did you suss your front heater problem as I'm having the same bother.ie loads of heat to the rear but none or very little at the front.Thought it may be an aircon problem but not sure.Cheers bilfox

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links