Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Reversing Buzzer

middie

Hi Ya All,

I have just collected my new T3, very impressed by all the technology and fuel consumption.

But - whenever i select reverse that buzzer to tell you that you are in reverse is driving me mad.

Does anyone out there know of a way to disable the thing, I have got rear parking sensors fitted as well, so between the two buzzers its driving me crazy.

Cheers

Middie

I have a T4, it also has the annoying beep. Also it can only be heard inside the car! Not much of as warning to pedestrians! I seem to remember reading somewhere that the US Prius reversing beep can be cancelled with press a few buttons. But the European Pruis the beep can not be. It is really annoying! :huh:

Switch to the odometer/trip value to display "ODO" by pushing the “ODO TRIP” button shown in the lower-right corner of the photo below. If the speedometer-cluster was already showing “ODO”, make sure to cycle thru each option back to “ODO” again.

Power OFF (push the "Power" button).

Power ON (push the "Power" button again).

Within 6 seconds of powering back ON, push & hold the button for “ODO” for a minimum of 10 seconds.

While still holding the button for "ODO", shift into "R" (Reverse), then to "P" (Park).

"b-on" should display on the odometer/trip-meter now. Push the "ODO TRIP" button to switch the mode to "b-oFF", as shown here:

Power OFF (push the "Power" button). That’s it! The beep should now be disabled.

Note #1: If the sequence above failed, it may have due to the "ODO" setting not having been visible recently. In that case, all you have to do is drive with it that way for a few miles. The next time you try to disable the beeper, the process should work.

Note #2: If you ever disconnect the 12-volt auxiliary Battery from the system (or drain it dead), you may have to repeat the disable process again.

Do you know of any method to switch off the reverse beep on the older model- the second generation??

Hi,

You cannot disable the reverse beep on a European prius but you can on the American ones. However, what you can do is disable the seat belt beep on the passenger and driver's side. Please follow the instructions below:

Seatbelt Beep On/Off:

1. Power on the car to IG-ON or READY. IG-ON will do for this purpose.

2. Using the Trip/ODO button, set the Trip/ODO display to ODO (not TripA or TripB)

3. Power off the car.

4. Now power the car to READY (brake on). This is required so that step 6 works correctly.

5. Within 6 seconds of powering on, press and hold the Trip/ODO button for 10 seconds or more.

6. WHILE STILL HOLDING ODO *after* the 10 seconds, buckle then unbuckle the appropriate seatbelt

while continuing to depress the Trip/ODO button. Now release the Trip/ODO button.

7. If the last step was successful, "b on" or "b off" should be displayed in the location where the Trip Odometer or Odometer is normally displayed. "b on" is beep on, and "b off" is beep off.

8. Press Trip/ODO to toggle the mode.

9. Now power the car off to exit the toggle mode.

10. Power the car on to READY and confirm the seatbelt beep status

The beep should not be audible if "b off" was selected, and should be audible if "b on" was selected..

Stompe

Hi Chinni,

Are those instructions just for US cars? As I saw Stompe's comments and have just sat in my garden in the dark like a complete lemon and can't get my UK '02 T3 to reacte to the P On/Off thing...

When I first got the car it was kind of a novelty having it beep but now it is just plain dumb.

Do you reckon a main dealer would disable it for us if we requested?

Jon

Hi Chinni,

Are those instructions just for US cars? As I saw Stompe's comments and have just sat in my garden in the dark like a complete lemon and can't get my UK '02 T3 to reacte to the P On/Off thing...

When I first got the car it was kind of a novelty having it beep but now it is just plain dumb.

Do you reckon a main dealer would disable it for us if we requested?

Jon

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links