Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Light On

corinnelovesflowers

Hi,

I am new to the Toyota Owners Club, actually just brought my MR2 on Saturday, I probably sound like a real dumb blonde (although actually im not) but when I brought it the engine light was on. The previous owner told me it was because a service is due, but I thought it would only come on when there is a malfunction???! Can anybody advise. Car is a 2000 model and covered nearly 73,000m with last service done at 60,000 so I know it's already 3k over due. Any help much appreiciated.

Thank You

Corinne

Hi,

I am new to the Toyota Owners Club, actually just brought my MR2 on Saturday, I probably sound like a real dumb blonde (although actually im not) but when I brought it the engine light was on. The previous owner told me it was because a service is due, but I thought it would only come on when there is a malfunction???! Can anybody advise. Car is a 2000 model and covered nearly 73,000m with last service done at 60,000 so I know it's already 3k over due. Any help much appreiciated.

Thank You

Corinne

Welcome.

Unfortunately I think they were wrong, and you are right. The orange, engine shaped light, indicates a fault. It could be minor or could be serious. Best to get it diagnosed and corrected ASAP.

Make sure you do regular checks of your oil consumption with that engine too.

As T600 says, it could be something minor or major. Definitely worth getting it checked out. I bought a generic OBD II reader off eBay (Draper do one too) and it saved me a fortune at the garage. When my engine management light came on I was able to diagnose the problems myself and fix them at a fraction of Mr T.

Welcome to TOC, another Roadster laydee... yey!!! :thumbsup:

Amy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links