Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hard Top

jmac

hey folks new member alert

ive got a 2001 on a y plate had the car just under a year :help:

having touble with the element on the back screen doesnt look damaged the switch on the dash is lighting up but its not de misting. ps only just started using the hard top

I imagine there's a connector that you plug in when you fit the hard top. Is it possible to disconnect this and us a volt meter to check that it's getting a supply when you switch on the heater?

If it is then you've narrowed down the fault to the hard-top. You should be able to check the resistance of the heater from there too. If it's open circuit then that suggests a fault in the hood wiring or the heater elements.

If it isn't getting a supply then suggests fault is somewhere in the car - perhaps a fuse?

Good luck

Hi and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

I'm sure you remembered to connect the electric cable to the heated screen when you fitted the hard top? :yes:

I would check that there is power getting to the connection at the back first then look at the elements on the screen to make sure no breaks are apparent.

Les

Beat me to it

Edited by GIDDLEPIN

:lol: When I fitted my hardtop I couldn't find where to plug the lead into.. then forgot about it and now the car is away.. will need to check that when it comes back.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

I'm sure you remembered to connect the electric cable to the heated screen when you fitted the hard top? :yes:

I would check that there is power getting to the connection at the back first then look at the elements on the screen to make sure no breaks are apparent.

Les

Beat me to it

thanks for advice will have a look 4 this cable

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links