Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Minimal Heat After Water Pump Replaced

Hem-lag02

Dear All,

Can any please help/advice me.

I have a 54 2.0 D4D Avensis. I have had the Water pump replaced under the Toyota extended warranty.

The problem that I have after the replacement is that although the Temperature gauge indicates the the engine is warm ( Needle half way up the Temp gauge) I do not seem the get any heat. Temp set at "HI" but it's only blowing out cold air. BTW NO problem before the repair.

The above happens when driving locally. The car is definitely warm. Driving for approx 45 minutes.

I have been on the motorway and there is no problem with the heating.

I only collected the car on Saturday from the workshop so I will be on the phone to them on Monday.

I want to ensure that the garage do not come out with that "a feature of the Avensis and sorry we can not do anything."

Thanks

Hem

Check your coolant level. On my last car I had no heat once, and the coolant was low. Topped it up and the heat returned.

Sounds most likely seeing as you've had the water pump done, and they didn't fully top up your coolant.

as above, check your coolant it may just need topping up or there is an air lock but i would have thought that the air would have bled itself out by now.

diesels do take a long time to warm up but as you say the heaters used to get hot.

Mart.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links