Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres <£100 Each

iceland_potter

I'd like to apologise for starting this "discussion" :)

We have had a similar difference of opinion over on TOC!. It seems the jury is still out, and at the end of the day, comes down to personal preference.

It's like everything, we all have our own choice for our own reason.

My best advice is, to buy the best tyres that you can afford without braking your pocket. If they happen to be cheap tyres, then just don't over push the car!

I'd like to apologise for starting this "discussion" :)

We have had a similar difference of opinion over on TOC!. It seems the jury is still out, and at the end of the day, comes down to personal preference.

Dont apologise - i found it an interesting discussion...

not to mention a lot more intelectual and applicable than the other topic i've participated in today! B)

not to mention a lot more intelectual and applicable than the other topic i've participated in today! B)

:D

Ain't that the truth; though it would be hard for it to be less so.

It has also been discussed on here before BTW.

quick question please : after the news on my oil consumption problem, I'm not too keen on buying 2 x Toyos for the car as the dealer might end up refunding me for it and me losing my pride and joy.

So in the meantime, would it be very very bad to just get one budget tyre to either put on the worst tyre or put in the boot on the currently broken spare?

Are your tyres still road legal? If they are I wouldn't spend any money until you know what's happening.

If some aren't legal, then buy some really cheap one's or part worn. Then if they sort your car out replace them ASAP.

That's ok, I don't have a spare as I bought new rims, so I'm selling all 5 of my old ones.

I've got one of those tyre repair cans in the boot. It will repair the tyre so you can get to a garage, where it can be repaired or replaced.

couldn't resist adding to this!

I've got toyo proxys on my gen 6, i started with two new ones on the back (as they had worn out) and had standard budget tires on front. After understeering off round a roundabout whilst having nice new toyos on back and crappy budgets on front............Now i have 4 toyos on it and the difference between them and budget tires is different gravy. I think someone said this before but you've got to be driving like a complete prat to get the back to slide with proxes on it. I know i've tried!

The one thing i will say is i've had quite a lot of problems with the car not 'tracking' straight since i got the 2nd pair and after lots of investigation it seems to be due to the 2 pairs i bought not being matched very well, because the toyos are rotational tires it exagerates any discrepency and in my case causes the car to pull to the left.

So all i'd say is stick the newer ones on the front so that you can try to get to a point where you can replace all 4 tires together. Unless you drive like a complete prat you really aren't going to have a problem with the back end stepping out because the rear tires have less tread on than the front.

get this for bad luck. had my 2nd puncture in a week tonght. was forced to get a bfgoodrich for 112 but knocked them down to 98. blown my budget for my new xbox 360 tomorrow now:( tell u what it looks like a &#33;Removed&#33; good tyre tho!

That's messed up mate. Couldn't it have been repaired? You are seriously having some bad luck!

my out look on this is that if you paid good money for a good car it deserves to run on good rubber and this shouldnt be skimped on. ive had Pirelli p6000 on previous celica and found them pretty good

That's messed up mate. Couldn't it have been repaired? You are seriously having some bad luck!

:( I am arent I.

It couldnt have been repaired mate no. Ended up with a top tyre though, BFGoodrich.

Just a pain in the ***** though that you might have your car replaced or refunded. If you do then I'd say you want the new tyre put on the replacement or the money for the new tyre too (don't tell the garage it was to replace a flat)

I'de like to add my 2p to the ocean and say that i have Falken tyres on the front of my Celica, i actually find them to be as good as any other tyre i have had. Granted i have little experience of top end tyres, but driving up and down the motorway (which is what i mostly use my car for)i would rather have a harder compound tyre that lasts longer than a soft tyre. If cost is an issue i suggest buying the cheaper tyre, the Falken, and perhaps be aware that you may have to take corners slightly slower, not necessarily a bad thing :) Oh i should add that the tyres i have i got off mytyres, i think they are falken 512 with rim protection, i would definately buy them again.

Mikey

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links