Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scraped Car

Mrdoody

How stupid am I?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How stupid am I to do this?

• Not stupid at all, It can happen
    • Quite stupid but at least you didn't reverse into it.
    • Stupid, how did you judge that wrong?
    • Very stupid, too stupid to own a Toyota anyway!

It shames me to say after 6 years of faultless driving, never a bump or an accident, I've finally destroyed my good reputation.

Last night I scraped all my rear drivers side door and wheel arch on a wall in my local multi storey car park. Had reversed out of the space directly opposite the bottom of the ramp. Not much room to bend around the corner to go up the ramp afterwards. I scraped all the side of the rear door, it made a right scrape and crunch too. I didn't dare check the damage at first but then I pulled onto Tesco on the way home, what a mess! All white lines and scrapes down the arch and along the door, It's down to the metal in loads of places and fetched up the plastic undercoating around the arch too.

There's also some denting/pushed in door slightly and bent arch a little too. On the face of it it just looks messy, not so bad in relation to the dents themselves.

I'm hoping this won't be too expensive to touch up, I can't leave it like this and get laffed at by the miserable 'cut above' neighbours.

What does anyone recommend for repair work, a good but inexpensive fix would be best. My cars 7 years old, X reg VVTi Vermont version 2000.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links