Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4d Fuel Economy Town/road

Mindaugas

Avensis D4D 2002 Combi

Today I tested how much diesel my avensis would use for a trip. So the results is not very good.

160.7 km with 10.55 L -> 6.5L/100 km.

Conditions: Sunny+cloudy day +6 outside, Road. Speed ~90-110 km/h, 4 passengers, tires: winter Nokian WR G2.

Computer showed: av. fuel consumption 4.9 L/100km, av speed 72 km/h

So, what do you think about 6.5L/100 km consumption? It is normal? I think it is a bit big. What can be wrong?

In towm my consumption is 9.6 L/100 km (with traffic jams)

Avensis D4D 2002 Combi

Today I tested how much diesel my avensis would use for a trip. So the results is not very good.

Conditions: Sunny+cloudy day +6 outside, Road. Speed ~90-110 km/h, 4 passengers, tires: winter Nokian WR G2.

So, what do you think about 6.5L/100 km consumption? It is normal? I think it is a bit big. What can be wrong?

hi mate

there several reazons that are well known, asf:

- P in tires;

- accuracy of yr display

- performance of yr fuel valves

- T/C performance

- purity of an air filter

check wth the above first -- but 4 pax must also be consired as add weight + consumption

cheers/igor

Air filter + oil changed.

Thanx for replying

Avensis D4D 2002 Combi

hi mate

there several reazons that are well known, asf:

- P in tires;

- accuracy of yr display

- performance of yr fuel valves

- T/C performance

- purity of an air filter

check wth the above first -- but 4 pax must also be consired as add weight + consumption

cheers/igor

Air filter + oil changed.

Thanx for replying

====

an air filter and oil changing is not enough.

yr heart is euipped wth t/c that also works as one unit.

the more diesel consumption the less of power produced during each cycle and one'd search a reazon.

check with the listed items.

cheers

Hi,

I think 6.5ltre per 100km is pretty good??

Mine reads 7.9ltres per 100km and that's 35mpg, so ur getting above 35mpg, mine's a D4D T spirit, 53, so ur car is older aswell, unless my figures are wrong I don't think ur economy is too bad at all ya know, I have a blog ongoing about htis same topic, and probably the majority are reporting lower than you!!

I have 05 T3X D4D which has now done 48k miles and I've logged all the fuel used from new. During that time I've averaged 53mpg. Most of the miles have been done commuting to work, which is 35 miles cross country on good roads. I'm more than pleased with this result.

Diesels need long runs to get economy out of them, short start stop driving when the engine does not get upto temp is no good.

I have had 30-32mpg in cold winter weather plodding along locally and 58mpg when cruising fully loaded on the A1, average

for mixed driving here in the Borders is 40-44mpg. Easy does it at all times but petrols are just as good if you do short runs

all the time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links