Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where To Buy 4.1 Rear Diff Mount/bushes? (in The Uk)

lloydsj

Hi,

I have had the common problem (discussed in quite a few threads here) of a loud clunking sound coming from the rear of my 4.1 3dr '95 Rav4. It occurs when pulling away from stationary and when decelerating but then applying acceleration (and happens more when the engines cold).

I have read in the threads it is a common fault and is normally the rear diff mount/bushes. I have just had a full service done on the Rav and the mechanic tells me it is the rear diff mount that is gone. Said he can get one ordered from Toyota, but that I might want to check for an uprated/heavy duty one first.

So... any idea's where I can get one from in the UK? I'm in Bury near Manchester. Also is it possible to get uprated/heavy duty ones? as he wasn't sure himself. What sort of cost am i looking at?

Cheers.

:)

Hi,

I have had the common problem (discussed in quite a few threads here) of a loud clunking sound coming from the rear of my 4.1 3dr '95 Rav4. It occurs when pulling away from stationary and when decelerating but then applying acceleration (and happens more when the engines cold).

I have read in the threads it is a common fault and is normally the rear diff mount/bushes. I have just had a full service done on the Rav and the mechanic tells me it is the rear diff mount that is gone. Said he can get one ordered from Toyota, but that I might want to check for an uprated/heavy duty one first.

So... any idea's where I can get one from in the UK? I'm in Bury near Manchester. Also is it possible to get uprated/heavy duty ones? as he wasn't sure himself. What sort of cost am i looking at?

Cheers.

Picked this up from the other post....

You can get a Toyota diff mount fitted then it can be strengthened - the bush is not solid as far as I know and the guys at The Garage in Motherwell (01698 265303) stiffened the bush by inserting a filler into it....works great as I am using a standard bush to cope with the near 300bhp of the turbo engine!!!!! I'm sure if you phone them and ask for either Marc or dennis, and say you are phoning after reading about Ians RAV, they'll tell you what stuff they used. They'll be fitting new rear bushes to the RAV very soon, once they have finished the installation of the turbo engine on my 2nd car. If you fancy the same conversion, they are the only folk in Europe that have done that to a RAV!!

ok cheers, i'll probably give them a ring.

Are you saying tho, that I need to buy the parts from Toyota themselves and then just get it stiffened up? Am i also right in thinking that the diff mount is the metal part and the bushes are the rubber blocks? (i'm no mechanic myself and was just trying to source the part my local mechanic mentioned).

Cheers

Are you saying tho, that I need to buy the parts from Toyota themselves and then just get it stiffened up? Am i also right in thinking that the diff mount is the metal part and the bushes are the rubber blocks? (i'm no mechanic myself and was just trying to source the part my local mechanic mentioned).

Cheers

Dennis or Marc will tell you. I don't think its the diff mount but the rubber block.

• 1 year later...
Hi,

Cheers.

Hey bud - did you ever sort out yuour clunking noise ??

Cheers

Dennis or Marc will tell you. I don't think its the diff mount but the rubber block.

Bothwell what did you mean when you said it may not be the diff mount but may be the "rubber block " ??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links