Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Supra With A Couple Of Questions

nickball75

Hello people, just bought an immaculate 95 mk4 supra absolutley lovin it! Still got my Corolla T Sport which the missis is gonna drive. got a couple of issues that there might be some simple explanations for.

1. The rear boot lid seems to rattle quite a bit, the ride is quite hard due to the tein suspension but I have seen some new boot rubbers on eBay, has anyone tried these??

2. The drivers side wing mirror dosnt twist in as the other side does. Also, you cannot move the mirror using the switch. Common fault?? easy fix??

Many Thanks

Nick

I'v used the bottom boot rubbers off eBay, spot on, genuine Toyota parts + new bolts.

Old bottom rubbers are not easy to get off because the bolts are loctited in. Cut old rubber off with a sharp knife then use mole grips to get old studs out, thats if they dont screw out normaly.

Cant see point in changing top ones, they dont perish like bottom ones do.

As for the mirror, cant say whats stopping it from folding in, mine arnt electric folding but fold manualy ok.

Have you joined here??

http://www.mkivsupra.net/

Russ

Change the top and bottom ones the top ones don't perish, but they go hard! A silicone based rubber cleaner helps too, like back to black.

If you are running Tein call overs get front and rear strut braces if you don't already have them. Rear brace can help with the squeaking too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links