Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any Spec Sheets For The 2006 Against The New Model 2007

lungo

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a 2.2 d4d diesel and have a few choices (well, hopefully before they are sold)

Also would like to know the benefit besides torque and bhp, if any, against a 2 and 2.2?

The problem i have is actually choosing which model. there is one that is reg at 01/05/06 so would that be the current model or is it not? against the 2007 range.

i am trying to see what is the difference from the 'new' model (which I have a brouchure of but not an old one) against the older model and the only difference is the current model has indicators on side mirrors whereas the older one does not, also trying to decide between the t4 spec of the old against new.

Also would like to know what to look for and if there are any problems with these cars..

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Lungo

i am trying to see what is the difference from the 'new' model (which I have a brouchure of but not an old one) against the older model

I bought a facelift model new in Sep 06, and when weighed up against pre-reg pre-facelift models at the time, I found the new model well worth having - I will try to remember why now.....

The key difference for me was that cruise control became standard across the range (at least on 2.2s), it was only standard on T-Spirits previously. That alone would have been enough to persuade me.

The CD player gained the ability to play MP3s and WMAs and was (allegedly) also improved in sound quality.

I also personally preferred the redesigned dash - no screen on top, big screen on stereo, trip computer integrated into instrument panel - and the slightly sharper front end design.

I'm not sure much else changed, but other features I wouldn't be without are the folding door mirrors and electro-chromatic (ie anti dazzle) rear view mirror. These were probably present on the pre-facelift models too though.

My comparisons are all based on T3-X trim, but as a T4 is a T3-X with nav and big wheels I am sure the same changes apply.

If you are considering the 2.0 diesel, note that there are two completely different engines, a 128(?) bhp Common Rail unit replaced the 114-ish bhp non-CR engine at facelift time. I'm not sure if either 2.0s have a 6-speed box as standard, but this is something else that is well worth having. Both pre- and post-facelift 2.2s have 6-speed as standard as far as I recall.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links