Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replace The Speakers In My Rav4 ('95 3dr Mk1)... Help!

lloydsj

Hi,

I'm going to replace the 2 front door Speakers in my mk1 '95 3dr Rav4 (the only 2 in the Rav). I've had a search around the forums and the web, but not found much. Also the brackets etc I found are in the US... but I'm in Greater Manchester, UK. :(

I've already replaced the headunit with a SONY MEX BT2500 (4 x 52W S-MOSFET power output if that helps anyone), and I'm not going to be installing a dedicated amp.

My questions are as follow...

1) How do i get to the Speakers? is there a guide that shows what I need to do/un-screw/take off etc.

2) From my findings it seems that the Speakers are likely to be 5.25 at the moment, but if I change the holding bracket I can fit 6.25 ones. Where can I get the bracket in the UK?

3) What speakers would recommend for ~£50 ish max. With my chosen headunit (and lack of amp) im obviously not looking for audiophile sound... just some good all rounders would be best. I listen to dance/house/rock/indie cd's and general pop music on the radio. Some bass would be nice, but not at the detriment of the mids and highs.

Cheers.

Hello sj

Welcome to the club.

We have experts on ICE and RAV 4.1s and I'm not one of them but sit tight and somebody will respond.

There is a special forum for these things where ICE experts lurk - you could try again there;

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=19

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links