Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problemish

WOODY

Started up tonight and three off the red lights on the dash stayed on the Battery,engine fan and the oil light and it was not charging the Battery.Alternator must be knacked,but looks allright.I then checked all the fuses and relays they where all fine in frustration I floored the throttle with the engine running and they went out.It now starts as normal and is charging the Battery.Do you think my car is possesed?:o:

sure the fan belt is not slipping?

Have you tried 'asking the ECU what the fault is ???

Sounds silly I know, open the ecu connection house (rear of the engine bay, little black box), grab a paper clip and short t1 and e1 (will check and post tomorrow) but pretty positive it's those to, then turn the car to on (don't turn the engine over) the engine light will flash 2 series of beeps eg flash,flash, pause, flash for 21......

Post the response and we can find the problem the ECU reports :)

Thanks Rhaines,tried both methods on the web site ie.shorting out the two terminals and using a volt meter but I have no faults.Im thinking it might be a loose wire somewhere in the foot well as full throttle sorts it out:)

• 3 weeks later...

Alternator was dead had it reconed for £88 and all is fine exept I poped into Halfords to price a new one(288) and broke my handbrake cable........................................ Is there no end!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links