Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Transplant?

Mr P

Hi all!

Been looking at the Prius but after a test drive found it to be a bit........well sluggish....... mainly looking into them as I want something "different" for my trackday events :)

I quite fancy doing something out the ordinary and wacking a better engine in there to get some good BHP and torque figures, anyone done this yet? I was tempted by the Supra 3.0l which would be something new I'd think!!!

Thanks for any thoughts :)

Mr P

*EDIT* Actually a rotary might be better as it's that much smaller, just another idea folks!!!! :)

hey I like different things!!!!

Slapped a rotary from an FD (rx7) in my last mini :)

And in a way it'll be cool to have a "gas guzzler" that's exempt from higher bands of road tax :lol:

Slapped a rotary from an FD (rx7) in my last mini :)

Now that I'd like to see; got any pictures. It must have involved a lot of re-work of the Shell.

Replacement engines for the Prius could be worth considering though if you have the skills. I imagine there could soon be a few about with good shells but with batteries that are too expensive to repair / replace in which case a conversion to Petrol only might make some sense. I can't see it being an easy job, particularly if you want to be completely radical and put a RWD S6 in it.

have some pics at home so I'll try and get them scanned later to pop on here :D

that's what I am thinking, the batteries must cost loads so the possibility of finding empty shells is quite promising, which means a good chance of re-working the vehicle. Luckily I work in an engineering environment so can do a lot of the fabrication here. I think the RWD is a little "far fetched" for me to be honest, but where there's a will there's a way!!! (and a lot of dead wallets lol)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links