Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Greddy Emanage Ultimate

gezmeister

I see a lot of people in st185's using aftermarket ecu's eg Link G3, Blitz Access, Motec etc. But why don't more people use Emanage ultimate? I understand that installing an aftermarket ecu to a 185 has many benefits like better maps but one of the main ones has to be to get rid of the afm, so why don't more people use them? Looked on eBay and there's ultimates going for around £250-£300 inc delivery. Much cheaper option imo. I know this is still a piggyback unit, but tbh, if i had the choice, i'd go for the Greddy as i'm not looking for crazy power.

Anyone's views on this would be gratefully received ;)

i was using the EM blue on my GT-Four, worked a treat! as for the ultimate i'll be getting one on order the same time i get my new four, hopefully by the end of the year. the e-manage ultimate is a great unit,l just fitted and mapped one on a 180SX, launch control, rev-limit adjustment are two of the functions i think are the best so far, the 180 sx is away to the rollers today to get a power figure before the bigger injectors, turbo etc are fitted.

i think people don't tend to fit them because of the unknown, there's not that many fitted to fours, also toyota ECU's are self learning so all the money spent on mapping could become obseleate if it's not done right, the bonus with the EMU is that you can trick the standard ECU so that the EMUltimate has complete control, launch control isn't readily available for the GT-Four because of the ignition safety system but as always there's a way to get it to work ;)

go buy a unit by all means, but i would speak to your local mapping shops to see if they are willing to work with it, and what backround they have with it, like every management the unit is only as good as the mapper.

well there we have it, the 180SX i mapped has had a 18bhp increase whilst running less boost, running 1 bar instead of 1.1 bar.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links