Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Civic Type R

chris.100

Ive done lots of reading but i require a black and white answer.

is the cts quicker than the ctr, either off the mark or rolling

i dont want all you compressor owners piping up saying u are are quicker, just the ts

my mate is talking bout getting a type r and i am STILL considering the toyota

cheers

chris.100

In the wet the CTS will win off the mark.

Other than that, the CTR is quicker but not by a huge margin.

:thumbsup:

In the wet the CTS will win off the mark.

Other than that, the CTR is quicker but not by a huge margin.

:thumbsup:

same view as above but il add that the ctr has a larger following and much easier to find aftermarket parts for the ctr

what about on the move, dont want my mate bumming me on a drive to whitby etc

What you do with your mate is entirely up to you! :lol:

Only been up against a CTR once and it was pretty even.

This was on a race track at 120mph! ;)

What you do with your mate is entirely up to you! :lol:

hey equal opportunities these days mate! i really just dont wanna get bummed!

u corolla guys should support my anti-bumming campaign

Remember the CTR does have a bigger engine, they may have more bits for it but there too common & whatever u wanna do to it chances its already been done :rolleyes: i wouldnt buy one nor the new Fn2 CTR, however theJDM FD2 sedan i buy if i could!

Im guessing(hope!) you mean tailgating?your mate shouldnt be tailgating anyway unless you or a driver in front is going REALLY slow ! cant really let that put u off buy certain cars unless after test driving the CTS & feel it isnt for you...

the CTR is faster than the CTS. whichever way you look at it im afraid. if you want to be different buy the CTS - you wont be disapointed. if you want to be like most ppl buy a CTR. have fun.

cheers.

OOH BIT OFF TOPIC...BUT FRIDAY I HAD A RUN WITH A TYPE R...I WAS DRIVING AN M3 E36...

I GAVE IT A GOOD THRASHING....NEARLY 3-4 CAR LENGTHS

IN 3RD HE HAD ME ON TAKE OFF AFTER THAT M3 TOOK IT.

THE TYPE ARE LOOKED SPLENDID WEN IT WAS SCREACHING IN SECOND IT LITERALLY JUMPED FROM THE FRONT WEN HE WAS SHIFTING TO SECOND.

THE M3 THO JUST SMOOTHLY ROCKETED OFF.

I WAS WELL PROUD LOL.

but on a serious note...type rs are rapid, ur best bet of keeping one tamed is buying a compressor and getting something done to it.

I think the Type R is probably a little bit quicker. If you look on youtube, you'll find a few videos of the 2, some are pretty even, some the CTS win, some the CTR win!

If you're that bothered about your mate beating you, get something faster. Or grow some !Removed!. :P

There's a top gear mag road test of CTS vs CTR floating around the net somewhere. If you can't find it I can send you it if you want.

Figures are in the wet, and are:

0-60:

CTS: 7.3

CTR: 7.9

0-100:

CTS: 18.6

CTR: 17.6

30-70:

CTS: 6.9

CTR: 6.4

1/4 Mile:

CTS: 15.8

CTR: 16

Or grow some testicles. :P

personal attacks not required!

type r is quicker regardless - handles and brakes better. comp might beat it in a straight line but as soon as a bend appears the civic's gone. if you are in doubt get the civic or you'll be like some of these green eyed monsters who cant accept facts. if you want bragging rights dont get a cts - try both and which ever you look better in get that. either way both good cars, you wont be dissapointed either way. :thumbsup: figures in the wet dont matter - only a nob drives hard in the rain

what about on the move, dont want my mate bumming me on a drive to whitby etc

Just tell him you're flattered but not interested in that kind of thing, if he's a real mate he'll understand, if he's not tell him to leave you alone or you'll go to the police. Shouldn't this be in general though?

Ive done lots of reading but i require a black and white answer.

is the cts quicker than the ctr, either off the mark or rolling

i dont want all you compressor owners piping up saying u are are quicker, just the ts

my mate is talking bout getting a type r and i am STILL considering the toyota

cheers

chris.100

i know you said you don't wanna hear off us compressor owners but i haven't had the pleasure of playin with a type R yet!!!!!

yes the ctr is quicker than cts and a better drivers car, but depends on how much of a driver you are mate, i'm quite bad get for too competitive had my mate off down some back country lanes on way home from work i was in my old corolla T3 2.0 DIESEL!!!! an he was in a scooby ha ha!!!

but i did test drive type R an many other cars, came down in the end between compressor an type R, thing bout type R is you don't feel your gettin much so empty inside an air con was a £1500 optional extra, where as climate control standard in t sport, also t sport is more practical and seats are more comfortable especially for long drives

all i'd say is mate test drive both an see which you prefer, i got the compressor to be different not to beat people, an the t sport is rare compared to type R's

good luck with the chioce tho mate

mike

nice find, i like how he dips the clutch at 3.5k revs lol

also thing i dont get is he doesnt keep it in lift for 2nd gear yet he gets so much acceleration, hmm

something dodgey in my eyes, maybe on a downhill road ? sure mine aint that quick but aint timed myself i could be wrong.

but on the subject of yet another CTR vs CTS thread , my mate has one with typhoon and exhaust mine was standard off roundabout i could not keep up about 4 lengths infront he was, i had just got the car the day before so wasnt used to it.

would love to give him a blast now ive got the typhoon although i still think he will be in front a bit. i enjoy the speed i get from the insurence, petrol and tax i pay :)

not much in it m8 untill we hut a slight hill thats wot lets the corolla down still gr8 cars but!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links