Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Interior Light Not Working

morsey187

Basically my interior light has stopped working, ive replaced the bulb but it hasnt fixed the problem,

just wondered if anyone else has had this problem, ANY help appreciated!

thanks,

Is anything else electrical not working? Cigarette Lighter socket or centre console lights for example?

Look in your handbook to see which fuse it is, though usually it's on the Dome fuse on Toyotas.

Do you have it switched to come on when you open the doors?

Basically my interior light has stopped working, ive replaced the bulb but it hasnt fixed the problem,

thanks,

I think you should check the wires and the fuse as well if the new light did not work

thanks,

I think you should check the wires and the fuse as well if the new light did not work

well ive checked the fuse, and the fuse is the same one that is used for the clock, radio etc, so im guessing its the wiring :S

does anyone know how it is wired? e.g where to :unsure:

does anyone know how it is wired? e.g where to :unsure:

If it's a light that's supposed to come on when the doors open, then the wiring will be a little complex. The bulb probably gets power all the time, but the earth is interrupted by the switches (because door switches are connected to earth).

It's very rare for wiring to go wrong on a Toyota - bulbs and fuses go of course, and switches will wear out eventually but the wiring? Not likely on a newish car like yours.

Have you double checked the bulb? If you're sure it's not the bulb or the fuse then I'd check the switch next because that should be relatively easy. And if it's not that check what's not present - power or earth.

Oh, and does the Yaris have a dim facility like some new cars do - i.e. when you lock the doors should it dim out rather than going immediately out? If so, then there's a dimmer unit somewhere which I'd check next.

thanks,

Dont wanna sound like Mr. Thicky but you have checked that you have the switch either to on or on when doors opened position, rather than constantly off?

You would be surprised just how easily this is overlooked. :huh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links