Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

180 Chipping - This One Seems Good

OldSkoO1

In my quest to find a decent chip i came across these guys http://www.steinbauer.cc

Actually from one of the clever guys on the RAV4 forums; recommending them after driving an avensis with one fitted.

I'm following up with the company and see how things turn out - esp. with my local garage, warranty and fitting.

Company seems more professional than just a simple power box. So, hopefully this is the one that is decent and available now.

In my quest to find a decent chip i came across these guys http://www.steinbauer.cc

Actually from one of the clever guys on the RAV4 forums; recommending them after driving an avensis with one fitted.

I'm following up with the company and see how things turn out - esp. with my local garage, warranty and fitting.

Company seems more professional than just a simple power box. So, hopefully this is the one that is decent and available now.

Bit steep at £705, and the original spec power/torque development graphs they present look wrong - max torque is shown at 2000rpm (Toyota claim 2000-2600 plateau), max power is shown at 4000rpm (Toyota claim 3600).

Be careful, just because it works on an Avensis doesn't mean it will work on an Auris. There is something different about it compared with all the other versions of the 2.2 D-CAT, such as the Corolla Verso, Rav4, Avensis, and Lexus 220d.

Visiting them and fitting there would be a good idea. Good luck.

I work as an web designer and a flashy website unfortunately often means nothing. Pretty much all the chips come from the same place and all offer 25% by default (adjustable digitally via a switch) despite claiming R&D.

£700 is too much for what really can be found for under £300 if you bargain or search hard enough. I spent even less and the components so far look of high quality and worth about £10 and that is respectable.

I haven't fitted mine yet until the sticky back velcro arrives so I can mount it on the side of the Battery.

Be carefull, I have used a few tuning boxes with various makes of diesels with great success, but if you study the crude DPF process and especially the inherent regeneration process serious expensive trouble could be waiting!

Be carefull, I have used a few tuning boxes with various makes of diesels with great success, but if you study the crude DPF process and especially the inherent regeneration process serious expensive trouble could be waiting!

Thanks for the advise Bry

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links