Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Strike

chatman

This was started in the RAV4 section (as we use most of the fuel, well the petrol one's do :P :P ) but as pointed out may also be appropriate for all to see. Unless you may not have heard they are shutting down for a few days one of the big refineries in Scotland...This will cause fuel shortages in the Scottish and northern areas and possibly the rest of the country...As every one goes out and panic buys... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

CLICK HERE FOR TOPIC

I had better stock up on....

Veg oil then ;)

BBC news gives latest - and folk queue up at the petrol stations already...

Petrol refinery strike

Anybody know how to change red diesel into petrol????

it really boils my pizz, why advertise the fact, all this publicity does is cause chaos, everyone goes out and panic buys fuel when if they just acted normally there would not be an issue, like with northern rock, the news coverage made it worse as everyone withdrew their money.

DONT GO MAD JUST BUY THE FUEL WHEN YOU NEED IT AND IN THE AMOUNTS YOU WOULD NORMALY

People are idiots !

i like to think that most of us idiots are normal and it is in fact you select ppl that are in fact pretty intelligent... did anyone see how i made that seem a lot better? lol

Both of mine are on empty <_<

B****r... mine is running empty... now I gotta put up with numpties queueing (mebbe..) and I am off down South at the weekend... *sigh

Can't be bothered typing this out again, so here's my post from when the last people were planning petrol strikes:

If you're planning on doing something like that it's best to keep it quiet, if people know about it all that happens is people just put the same amount of fuel in their tanks earlier so profits aren't affected. If anything they get their money earlier because people panic buy all of their stock at full price. It'll knock a few pence per litre off the price for a short while but the best 1 was the 1st 1 because it was unplanned, nobody was prepared & so it had a drastic affect

This is propaganda spread by Ineos the people who are taking 40 million out of their workers pension fund. They have managed to create a scare where there is none, the plant is currently in full production and this is a successful attempt to make the workers feel guilty and make it more difficult for them to strike.

I dont see how in this day and age it is legal for a company to remove 40 million from a pension fund? and its not really being mentioned in the petrol chaos stories that are being widely reported.

I dont see how in this day and age it is legal for a company to remove 40 million from a pension fund?

Many moons ago I used to work for a company owned by the Robert Maxwell Mirror group.... They said the above then too...

Theres a fair history of companies taking out of their pension fund. Indeed both BT and the Post Office / Royal Mail took pension holidays where no money was paid in.

Bout time the Government legislated, but then who's lining whose pockets????

This is propaganda spread by Ineos the people who are taking 40 million out of their workers pension fund. They have managed to create a scare where there is none, the plant is currently in full production and this is a successful attempt to make the workers feel guilty and make it more difficult for them to strike.

I dont see how in this day and age it is legal for a company to remove 40 million from a pension fund? and its not really being mentioned in the petrol chaos stories that are being widely reported.

Ineos is denying removing the 40 million from the pension fund. It is closing the Final Salary Pension scheme to new members and because of the shortfall in the pension fund, has asked it member to contribute towards their own pension 1% of their salary I heard.

checkout http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/taysid...ral/7361914.stm

No I don't work for Ineos :lol:

Shell garage in lanark ran out of petrol today sometime! thank gawd ive still got over half a tank left. staying out in the sticks is no fun.

x

i thought it was jst one place in scotland doing it... :/

how many other oil places are there in the uk?!?!?! :/

it is just grangemouth as far as im aware. it will have a knock on effect to engerland i presume?

I know i should not, but i do have a little grin on my face ;)

I only got 700 litres of filtered veg oil left :)

Ineos is denying removing the 40 million from the pension fund. It is closing the Final Salary Pension scheme to new members and because of the shortfall in the pension fund, has asked it member to contribute towards their own pension 1% of their salary I heard.

checkout http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/taysid...ral/7361914.stm

No I don't work for Ineos :lol:

There seems to be conflicting stories coming out about this and the exact details, is the newly suggested contribution from existing members suggested as a way to make the pension scheme meet its targets for existing members?

Well I would certainly like a final salary scheme pension for free but that was not one of my conditions of employment, we both contribute to my scheme and its not final salary. But if it was one of the conditions of my employment then like these peoples I would be more than angry at a change. Ineos are making large volumes of profit, if the members accept this 1%

contribution now then where does this stop? I might see the point if Ineos were struggling financially but they seem to be in the very high and currently growing profit margin. They only declared 630 million as last years profits, poor wee soul's

Ineos profits

I think there are only 9 refineries in the UK. This one caters for Scotland and Northern England. Last news I heard 6 hours ago was strike was going ahead.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links