Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg For 1997 Petrol Rav4

kmoo

I've been offered a 1997 RAV4 5-door manual, petrol engine, at what seems to be a good price.

The only possible downside, after having had it checked over by my friendly mechanic, is fuel economy.

Would anybody care to advise me as to what sort of fuel consumption I can expect from this vehicle?

Thanks guys.

I've been offered a 1997 RAV4 5-door manual, petrol engine, at what seems to be a good price.

The only possible downside, after having had it checked over by my friendly mechanic, is fuel economy.

Would anybody care to advise me as to what sort of fuel consumption I can expect from this vehicle?

Thanks guys.

Depends if your buying this RAV for it's Fuel economy :rolleyes: as the petrol versions are not renowned for there's B) . Saying that you should get between 25 and 35 mpg with a careful foot..... As far as enjoyment and pleasure goes..You be looking at the best vehicle you could own...And were always welcoming newer members to TOC....

Welcome aboard kmoo...............

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks guys.

I'm buying the RAV as a replacement for a hugely beloved but ageing and thirsty Surf.

Would be v unhappy if the 2 litre petrol RAV was thirstier than the Surf!

(Surf best mpg would be 25 mpg)

R Plate 5 dr GX

The wife would get 24-25 on round town / school runs which sometimes were 2 - 8 miles drives / day and 30-31 long runs

Averaged 30 around Scotland with me driving for 1500 miles and i would say im far from light footed, this was loaded with full roof box, 2 kids, a Westie and a Great Dane in boot and the wife of course.

Very reliable and had many a car since and still think i shouldnt have sold it

Dont forget Petrol is almost 10% cheaper so works out about another 2-3 MPG compared to a diesel

Well, I get 21mpg with my turbo engine and thats thrashing it. It only drops down to 16 if I'm sprinting.

Normally the 3SFE engine N/A will get 25 to 35ish as said.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links