Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Shudder?

Northernlights

Hi,

Thought i would see if anyone here has had a similar problem, when i brake from any speed above 40mph quickly i am getting terrible brake shudder, i have not had the car long so i am not sure when the pads where last changed or any other work on the brakes for that matter. Anyone any ideas? Is it just the pads? pads + discs?

Hopefully one of you lovely people can help!

Thank-you in advance!

Jase

Hi,

Thought i would see if anyone here has had a similar problem, when i brake from any speed above 40mph quickly i am getting terrible brake shudder, i have not had the car long so i am not sure when the pads where last changed or any other work on the brakes for that matter. Anyone any ideas? Is it just the pads? pads + discs?

Hopefully one of you lovely people can help!

Thank-you in advance!

Jase

It sounds to me like the discs are warped/buckled so i think you are gonnna need discs and pads reason why they warp is overheating cooking the brakes or if the brkes are really hot sitting in traffic with your foot on the brake instead of the handbrake stuff like that hope this helps

Daz :thumbsup:

Sounds like warping to me too. Heavy breaking can cause this, I have a friend that replaces the discs and pads regularly because he is so heavy footed.

Sounds like warping to me too. Heavy breaking can cause this, I have a friend that replaces the discs and pads regularly because he is so heavy footed.

Cheers Daz + 1 Bloke for your speedy replies!

Took it to a local garage on my way home from nightshift this morning and the guy said exactly the same as you so she is in getting operated on at the moment so fingers crossed all will be well for driving to nightshift tonight!! :thumbsup: Now i will have to drive home tomorrow with the top down to keep me awake as i wont have the vibrating brake pedal to do the job! :yawn:

Jason

Got the car back and its now stopping almost as well as it goes!! New front discs and pads as the old ones were in a right mess, all in including labour £128, not sure but seems like a great deal to me!

Cheers Again!

Jase

• 1 month later...

Just for the record...I warped a front disc...by doing something REALLY STUPID. Now you've been warned!!

A couple of winter ago I took the car out over the moors for a "healthy spin". On returning to our house - via the steep hill off the moors - I was aware of the road salt I'd collected en route. Worried about that old chestnut 'wheel corrosion'...once home I gave the wheels a quick wash down...

As the cool water hit the, driver's side, disc a cloud of steam engulfed me and I thought: "Bugger". And,yes, the disc was warped and buggered ;-) thus ended another expensive lesson!

good to hear you got it fixed.

128 quid? pennies compared to possibly saving your life mate. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links