Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1999 Corolla Alarm Problem

syztemlord

I have a 1999 Corolla. Recently when I lock or open the car, there is a series of beeps coming from the alarm siren (not too loud but you can hear them). Also the alarm has been sounding for no reason and once even while I was driving!! :o

Does anyone know what is going on or how I can fix this?

I have a 1999 Corolla. Recently when I lock or open the car, there is a series of beeps coming from the alarm siren (not too loud but you can hear them). Also the alarm has been sounding for no reason and once even while I was driving!! :o

Does anyone know what is going on or how I can fix this?

had a similair problem on carina e - strangely it was the Battery not having enough charge. i could hear a faint bleeping all night, looked out and thought it must be someone else's alarm - no it was mine!

had a similair problem on carina e - strangely it was the battery not having enough charge. i could hear a faint bleeping all night, looked out and thought it must be someone else's alarm - no it was mine!

Funny you should say that, We had a customer at work who has a Hilux Vigo and his alarm kept going off randomly. Turns out it was the Battery!

Might have to check that out!!?

had a similair problem on carina e - strangely it was the battery not having enough charge. i could hear a faint bleeping all night, looked out and thought it must be someone else's alarm - no it was mine!

Funny you should say that, We had a customer at work who has a Hilux Vigo and his alarm kept going off randomly. Turns out it was the Battery!

Might have to check that out!!?

oh my word... it's a bit eerie that, i've been having same problem with corolla t '99 reg

alarm goes off for no reason and unlocking and locking the car produces 16 beeps each way, really embarassing! i thought it was the Battery but then surely the Battery indicator would have come up on the dash? and it still starts up no problem first time everytime.

i've been in touch with dealership and they're saying it's the siren at fault and that i need a new one. i've looked for the siren but it's under where the screen wash tank is (in the wheel arch) so you can't even turn the alarm system off.

have you had any luck with checking out the battery syztem?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to get a new Battery this week so I'll let you know. I know what you mean about the position of the alarm, right in the wheel arch! If the Battery doesn't fix it, I'm going to disconnect the siren.

I'm going to get a new battery this week so I'll let you know. I know what you mean about the position of the alarm, right in the wheel arch! If the battery doesn't fix it, I'm going to disconnect the siren.

my problem occured as the car was sat up for a while and then when it was being driven it wasnt enough to charge the Battery. i wouldnt go changing the Battery unless i was sure - you seen the price of them lately! you might have a slight drain on the Battery - time to get the multi-meter out!

my problem occured as the car was sat up for a while and then when it was being driven it wasnt enough to charge the battery. i wouldnt go changing the battery unless i was sure - you seen the price of them lately! you might have a slight drain on the battery - time to get the multi-meter out!

It's not too bad for me as I'm in Guernsey and there is no VAT plus I get trade prices! Might try the meter first though.

• 3 months later...

Hiya,

Did anyone manage to solve this issue? my girlfriend has just bought a '99 corolla this weekend, and the alarm randomly went off at 3am this morning and has been going ever since, only stopping once - which coincided with when the RAC man come out (so he couldn't fix it!). it's now getting weaker, presumably as the Battery runs out, which presumably also means the car won't start.....

also get the 16 beeps at arm/disarm - a bit much i think!

will take it to a toyota dealer and get them to disable it if they can't fix the problem. will post results here...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links