Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cheerio

Snert

Hi guys,

Well it happened again. Another stupid blind idiot drove into the side of the TSport, that's twice in 6 months, so I've traded it in.

It had to go really, was costing a fortune in fuel with my 64 mile commute every day and I had allready told myself I needed a diesel. Sadly, it's not the Auris, drove it but didn't like it. Wanted a Civic after driving the 2.2 from Birmingham to Edinburgh, nice machine but just a liitle pricey for me.

Ended up with a good deal trading the Corolla against an Astra SRi, the 150bhp diesel. Feels funny driving a car that only revs to 4000rpm after all that top end in the Corolla but I suppose I'll get used to it.

Have a chip, SS exhaust and an induction kit on order and am expecting to see it kissing 200bhp once all installed.

It's been a blast guys, loved the cars over the last 4 years but time to move on.

Thanks for all the help and guidance you gave and all the best.

Snert

Hi guys,

Well it happened again. Another stupid blind idiot drove into the side of the TSport, that's twice in 6 months, so I've traded it in.

It had to go really, was costing a fortune in fuel with my 64 mile commute every day and I had allready told myself I needed a diesel. Sadly, it's not the Auris, drove it but didn't like it. Wanted a Civic after driving the 2.2 from Birmingham to Edinburgh, nice machine but just a liitle pricey for me.

Ended up with a good deal trading the Corolla against an Astra SRi, the 150bhp diesel. Feels funny driving a car that only revs to 4000rpm after all that top end in the Corolla but I suppose I'll get used to it.

Have a chip, SS exhaust and an induction kit on order and am expecting to see it kissing 200bhp once all installed.

It's been a blast guys, loved the cars over the last 4 years but time to move on.

Thanks for all the help and guidance you gave and all the best.

Snert

Let us know how you get on mate, ive driven loads of those 150 CDTi Astras, they go well and are good on diesel! Will be nice remapped B)

is the astra brand new ? £20k is a lot to pay for a vauxhall !

is the astra brand new ? £20k is a lot to pay for a vauxhall !

No mate, I bought a new car once, not likely to do that again in a hurry!

It's a 57 plate with 7,000 miles on the clock.

Snert

• 6 months later...

Hi Guys,

Well you'll never guess...

I've had the Astra 6 months and another blind idiot has reversed into the front of it. That's three blind idiots that have driven into me in a year!! It's in for repair just now and I've got a wee 1.2 Fiesta to buzz around in, it's quite good fun, NOT.

Anyway, I'm back in the Toyota forum because I'm so dissapointed with diesel, man, it is awful slow, awful non-responsive and I'm seeing what Clarkson means now about the whole diesel experience. He's right! So...

When the Astra comes back from repair it's getting traded in and I don't care about the fuel economy, the lower tax, the cheaper insurance or the planet.

I can get an 07 compressor with under 10k miles for £10k, pretty much a straight swap I reckon. OR a Type R GT or Golf GTi for £4-£5k for a pre-regged but new motor. Tough choice.

The missus is going nuts but she hates the Astra nearly as much as me (and she only drives it once in a blue moon) so I reckon she'll be easily convinced. She got a new motor a few weeks back, picked up a brand new, pre-regged MX5 Sport for £14k with 2 miles on it, lowered it onto a nice set of Bilsteins with Eibach springs too, which I thought was damn decent of the dealer and she loves it. (It's a bleedin' nice car by-the-way) The missus cannot complain, but she will, she's female ;)

So, what's the verdict of the masses?

(What happened to the forum, it's changed?)

Snert

(What happened to the forum, it's changed?)

Snert

Don't mention that again! :shutit:

Just search "what happened to the t sport forum?" to see the fun! :lol:

Go for the Compressor! :thumbsup:

Well based on your most recent driving history, I'd suggest you get something in lime green or orange. That way people should be able to see you before they smash your car to pieces ;)

Sad to see another owner go! Enjoy the new car :thumbsup:

LOL did you actually read the whole thread? The original post is 6 months old, and he's just said he is going to buy a Compressor as he hates his Diesel >.<

Oh and Snert, You definitely don't want to mention the forum changes. All of the sub forums were merged (except the MR2 subforums).

haha, Guess he didn't!

Anyway - Go for the Compressor! Lovely motors! Good to see you returning to the world of Toyota!

Hi Guys,

I can get an 07 compressor with under 10k miles for £10k, pretty much a straight swap I reckon. OR a Type R GT or Golf GTi for £4-£5k for a pre-regged but new motor. Tough choice.

The Type-R isn't that fast but does feel really nicely made, its the ride thats just stupidly hard! Golf GTI is a sensible choice but if you go 3dr then a Scirocco makes more sense as its a proper coupe in theory. However the Compressor is super rare and very good value and should be as reliable as any other Petrol Toyota. I'd go Compressor for the value (provided you keep it for a bit) and its rareness :thumbsup:

Well based on your most recent driving history, I'd suggest you get something in lime green or orange. That way people should be able to see you before they smash your car to pieces ;)

You're not wrong. I've only ever owned black cars, my favourite. Never had a problem but with the Corolla getting dinged twice and now the Astra, I'm beginning to think that being black isn't helping!

The Compressor I've looked at was Silver :)

Snert

haha, Guess he didn't!

Anyway - Go for the Compressor! Lovely motors! Good to see you returning to the world of Toyota!

Oops my bad! Yeah I just looked at first post and not read the following responses

Welcome back to TOC then!

Never liked Vauxhalls :thumbsup:

QUOTE (Snert @ Nov 18 2008, 10:38 PM)

Hi Guys,

I know this isn't a very 'original' sugestion :wacko: at moment but for that kinda money why not get an 'Evo' or 'Scooby' - everybody else in Great Britain seems to be ... ... and I'm not supprised! - they are amazing power output and handling for the money.

A Golf GTi or Civic type R (or Corolla T-Sport :!Removed!: ) nowadays for the same money is just somewhat slow i'm afraid compared to what I've just mentioned.

Just a thought :rolleyes:

for that kinda money why not get an 'Evo' or 'Scooby' - everybody else in Great Britain seems to be ... ...

A good reason not!

Be unique and get the CTS-C! ;)

:lol:

I know this isn't a very 'original' sugestion :wacko: at moment but for that kinda money why not get an 'Evo' or 'Scooby' - everybody else in Great Britain seems to be ... ... and I'm not supprised! - they are amazing power output and handling for the money.

I did look at an Evo 9, briefly, very briefly. It was the FQ360 and I would have loved it. But then reality kicked in. Under 20mpg and serviced every 4,000 miles, plus group 20 insurance and have you seen inside one? I think Noah had less slabs of tacky black plastic in the ark.

And the wife went nuts, I mean proper nuts, not just the usual girly nuts that you can roll your eyes at and walk away from muttering under your breath, I mean proper, almost single again nuts. 'nuff said?

:rolleyes:

Snert

Norfolk n Chance Posted Today, 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Twincam.GTi @ Nov 19 2008, 08:00 PM)

for that kinda money why not get an 'Evo' or 'Scooby' - everybody else in Great Britain seems to be ... ...

A good reason not!

Be unique and get the CTS-C!

I have to totally agree - all my point was for the money I just cannot think at present of a better 'package' that was all.

Perhaps this is like anything that is a good 'package' - it becomes popular and inturn held with a certain contempt (by some people) due to it becoming 'common', shame as it's not actually the Manufacturers/designers fault - they just achived what they set out to.

:)

Snert Posted Today, 09:10 PM

I did look at an Evo 9, briefly, very briefly. It was the FQ360 and I would have loved it. But then reality kicked in. Under 20mpg and serviced every 4,000 miles, plus group 20 insurance and have you seen inside one? I think Noah had less slabs of tacky black plastic in the ark.

And the wife went nuts, I mean proper nuts, not just the usual girly nuts that you can roll your eyes at and walk away from muttering under your breath, I mean proper, almost single again nuts. 'nuff said?

:lol::lol::lol:

Fair enough :D

But I am suprised :o all the young 'lasses' in my part of the world seem to go wild for 'em :lol:

B)

Snert Posted Today, 09:10 PM

...and have you seen inside one? I think Noah had less slabs of tacky black plastic in the ark.

Ah yes the interior of both the 'scooby' and the Evo' does leave a LOT to be desired but then they are ---

---RALLY CARS at heart and a 'plush interior' is the last thing that is required in that game ... ...be thankfull it had carpet! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links