Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying Tyres

Ravished

Hi all,

Just curious how much everyone's paying for tyres. I've been quoted between £95 and £117 each for my Reebok.

Even budget ones seem pretty steep.

Any ideas where the best buys are?

Thanks for your help.

Hi all,

Just curious how much everyone's paying for tyres. I've been quoted between £95 and £117 each for my Reebok.

Thanks for your help.

Are you running with the 215/70 x 16 tyre?

If so, I'll get you a current price of a good make, without paying the premium for the name.

Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

Hi all, just joined up to have a whinge about the shocking cost of my first replacement run-flat tyre. Got my T180 in July 2007 and after just 10,000 miles got a screw in the tyre. After a bank holiday weekend of not being able to raise anyone at my local Toyota dealership (how dare they take time off when I need a replacement tyre!) I got some joy on Tuesday. No local tyre dealerships could get tyre as it is a non standard one apparently Bridgestone Dueler 235/55/18 HD687 so had to limp to dealership 20 miles away at 50mph (really scary doing this speed along motorway with lorries bearing down on you!) and paid £369.19 for the supply and fit of said tyre. Phoned Toyota GB in a strop but just told "you knew what you were buying". When purchased car asked dealership about run-flat replacement costs and although salesman went away to find out came back and said they didn't have a cost breakdown as new concept but to be reassured that all dealerships carried the spares. Wasn't told that when tyre deflates its scrap. A fundemental flaw? Now worried about future relacement costs. £1480 for a full set! Is this a record?

Hi all,

On the assumption of 215/70 16, then you can buy good tyres from £50 balanced and new valves.

Thanks for your help.

Hi all, just joined up to have a whinge about the shocking cost of my first replacement run-flat tyre. Got my T180 in July 2007 and after just 10,000 miles got a screw in the tyre. After a bank holiday weekend of not being able to raise anyone at my local Toyota dealership (how dare they take time off when I need a replacement tyre!) I got some joy on Tuesday. No local tyre dealerships could get tyre as it is a non standard one apparently Bridgestone Dueler 235/55/18 HD687 so had to limp to dealership 20 miles away at 50mph (really scary doing this speed along motorway with lorries bearing down on you!) and paid £369.19 for the supply and fit of said tyre. Phoned Toyota GB in a strop but just told "you knew what you were buying". When purchased car asked dealership about run-flat replacement costs and although salesman went away to find out came back and said they didn't have a cost breakdown as new concept but to be reassured that all dealerships carried the spares. Wasn't told that when tyre deflates its scrap. A fundemental flaw? Now worried about future relacement costs. £1480 for a full set! Is this a record?

Dear whinein basssttydd, Wi-oot gain oot ma way tae be cheeky as it comes natural, ye paid £24k+ fur a pretend off-roader and ye wid hae kent nae spare tyre? Ye hav the option of solderin oan a spare oan the back door; pittin wan in the boot; owr bolting it tae yer bunnet - ah mean yer bunnet an no yer bunnet, Back in 1994 a new tyre for the RAV could only come frae Dunlop and it wis £200+fitting an balancing...an that wis 14 years ago. Whits that wurth in reel money noo? Must be up aroon whit yer payin. Yer RAV is nae longer a aff-roader but a bog-standard mock car waur ye cannae afford tae gae aff road case ye get a puncture - how stupid is that? Sell the lump an get yersel back tae a real RAV. If ye want wan wi power, the T180 is a waste o space. Use anither wan and change the engine - twill be cheeper, cheeper, cheeper. :P

Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

Are you running with the 215/70 x 16 tyre?

If so, I'll get you a current price of a good make, without paying the premium for the name.

Hi all,

On the assumption of 215/70 16, then you can buy good tyres from £50 balanced and new valves.

Thanks for your help.

Dear whinein basssttydd, Wi-oot gain oot ma way tae be cheeky as it comes natural, ye paid £24k+ fur a pretend off-roader and ye wid hae kent nae spare tyre? Ye hav the option of solderin oan a spare oan the back door; pittin wan in the boot; owr bolting it tae yer bunnet - ah mean yer bunnet an no yer bunnet, Back in 1994 a new tyre for the RAV could only come frae Dunlop and it wis £200+fitting an balancing...an that wis 14 years ago. Whits that wurth in reel money noo? Must be up aroon whit yer payin. Yer RAV is nae longer a aff-roader but a bog-standard mock car waur ye cannae afford tae gae aff road case ye get a puncture - how stupid is that? Sell the lump an get yersel back tae a real RAV. If ye want wan wi power, the T180 is a waste o space. Use anither wan and change the engine - twill be cheeper, cheeper, cheeper. :P

Thanks for the advice. £50 is less traumatic. Will be in touch regarding a new one pretty soon if that's OK? Need to check the size again though, just to be sure.

As for the run flat... for that money I'd expect to watch it being fitted by a topless 20 year old swedish lap dancer.

Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the advice. £50 is less traumatic. Will be in touch regarding a new one pretty soon if that's OK? Need to check the size again though, just to be sure.

As for the run flat... for that money I'd expect to watch it being fitted by a topless 20 year old swedish lap dancer.

Dinna get ma juices gain at this time o night. Ahm oan enough valium as it is.

Let me know the size and I'll get hold of some prices . My cousins from Hull is up for ma daughters wedding next week so she could take it back doon.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links