Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Stereo Setup?

pete21121

hey guys.

Ive just got my yaris, and im planning to put pretty much a whole new stereo in it.

These are the parts ive come up with so far.

HEADUNIT - Sony CDX-GT220 (£55)

FRONT Speakers - Alpine SXE-1325S (£25)

REAR Speakers - Alpine SPS-69C2 6"x9" (£38)

SUB - FLI Active 10" (£90)

and maybe in the future some replacement dash Speakers.

any thoughts?

Im not looking for anything super loud, but certainly less tinny than the stock system.

Im pretty much sorted with the setup side of things (i think ^^) after reading a load of guides from this, and other sites; just one question - will that headunit support all the stuff? im pretty sure it will do the front and rear, but im a bit confused as to how you would connect the active sub.

I wanted to avoid buying an amp if possible, thats why i opted for the active sub; but seeing as i know very little about how these things work, i thought id better check everything was gonna work right before i start ordering the bits ^^.

cheers ;)

As long as your stereo has an RCA Out - which by the looks of it it does - 1 RCA out: rear / sub definable - you'll be fine. Obviously you'll need an RCA cable to go from your stereo to your sub.

The piccy at the bottom of this page http://www.fliaudio.co.uk/index.asp?page=f...trapactive.html shows how its wired.

Its just a sub with the amp inside the box, rather than outside - there's absolutely nothing different in the set up by the looks of things.

Did you know you can get it in pink? Thats nice... ;)

I presume this is your first sub install? Make sure you're confident on how the power to your sub is going to work before you start messing with things

ok thanks guys

Nickp, ive been lookin at those adapters you were talking about

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/toyota-yari...914-p-3080.html

but on there it says theyre for 130mm Speakers? thats why id picked those door Speakers. Is the info on that page wrong?

cheers ;)

edit - yeah just checked another site and it says its an adapter for the 165mm Speakers :) cheers for pointing that out!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links