Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More Power

thainy

thinking about getting more power from my celica t sport are turbos possible to install and what price roughly if not does any body have any other suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...
thinking about getting more power from my celica t sport are turbos possible to install and what price roughly if not does any body have any other suggestions.

Not usually economically viable. It isn't just a case of 'bolting on' a turbo. Extracting 190 bhp from a 1.8 litre normally aspirated engine isn't easy so any additional increase in power is likely to be quite expensive to come by. A decent remap might give you an extra few horses and then there are the commonly fitted but somewhat overrated induction/exhaust goodies.

• 4 weeks later...

Most go the supercharger route to up the power :yes:

Talk to the guys at Fensport they will be able to tell you more.

The short answer to your question is "Yes". AFAIK, the 140 is better suited to Turbo Charging than the 190 and has been done many years ago by a company called c2power.

Useful info. can be found on TOC! and Monkey Wrench Racing in the USA.

You should budget for at least £5K which probably won't add a penny to the resale value of your Car. It's not for the inexperienced and you would need to be very dedicated to overcome the pitfalls involved.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been told by people who regularly get their sporty jobs chipped or mapped that this only really works with diesel engines and isn't very good for petrol models.

Don't know if anyone can contradict that.....? :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

question out the blue here but. would a supercharged 140 be faster/more power than a stock t sport?

140 with asupercharger cud quite possibly be quicker than a standard 190 0-60 but in bhp im not sure it might gain u anything from 20 to i would think at most 50bhp

cheapest way to gain speed is to lose weight. take out the back seats, empty the trunk, take out the spare tire, and get as much carbon fiber as you're willing to buy. I swapped hoods, changed my oil to syntec, and took out the back seats and there was a marked improvement in acceleration.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links